Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quit asking for lake conditions for a week!!

The first two pages of our website is folks asking for water conditions. Not much from people actually fishing. I propose nobody asks for help for the next week and only people who have actually fished are going to post what they really saw. Just an idea. The site seems stale right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The conditions are very helpful nd often contain reports if you would take time to read them. If your not interested simply move on to the next thread. Its amazing how some people want to control others. Grow up man.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Condition, one of the most important questions to ask!

First I think people can ask any question ever on their mind, nothing is off limits, you always have the option of not answering. I personally fish Rough, Nolin, Barren, Green, Kentucky, Barkley, Guntersville, Old Hickery, Wappapello, Lake of the Ozarks, Truman, Mark Twain and many more so any information I can get to prepare for that lake is very useful. Anytime I have information on a lake that I think is useful, I will share with anyone asking if I see their question online. Keep in mind that lake conditions may be the most important question one could ask in preparing to fish, other than time of year as it relates to the fishes biological clock, conditions determine a fish species location and activity level.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people can ask whatever they want to.... but I have seen where people are not specific in questions or answers. For example, I inquired about debris/water level of lake cumberland and was told not to come down, that it was a chocolate milk mess. Well, I took the chance and Wolf Creek was in GREAT shape and caught a lot of fish two weeks ago.

This past week, someone mentioned that the river had way too much debris and you could "walk across it". Well, i came down to conley bottoms and caught 15 bass Friday. The lake was just a bit stained in most of white oak, muddier in the head.

Here is my detailed report....... Caught 15 bass (biggest was 3.5 lb smallmouth) in White Oak Creek at first island on the right. I fished it for four hours from noon to 4 in the bright sun. Caught three on white spinner bait. Caught one on black spinner bait. Caught the rest on a orange/red/black crawdad crankbait (similar to a wiggle wart). These fish were all caught on either dirt or pebble type banks. I caught only one fish on a bluff wall and it was on a jerk bait.

The next day, we struggled. Saturday was bad and caught 7 small fish and one ten lb striper, which was fun on a jerk bait. But there were some big fish caught in the high school tourney!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post