Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing late summer?

Its that time of the year where I always seem to struggle catching fish. Primarily bass, The water hasn't quite cooled down yet and the day time temps and humidity make fishing pretty miserable. Whats is some of your guys input? Presentation? Location? Depths? Colors? Technique? would fishing at night be more successful? I'm always trying to learn more and as always any advice and info is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    King

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at the point of saying to heck with it and working on the honey do list. Hoping for an earlier fall and daytime temps where I can get out and enjoy the day of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Along with late winter, this is one of those times of year I like to save myself the aggravation of uncooperative fish and take care of the trivial little stuff that I've been putting off for too long. Stuff like a burned out light on the trailer, a pump that isn't working right, rotating the tires on the trailer, all the penny ante stuff that can make a day on the lake less pleasurable. Make sure all your tackle is in the best shape possible - fresh line on all reels, reels cleaned and properly lubed, tackle boxes organized, rusty hooks replaced, guides replaced where necessary, you get the picture. Make sure all your i's are dotted and your t's are crossed and you've set yourself up for success rather than failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Practice practice practice

This is when you take the time to learn lake maps and how to use all the features on your fish finder, learn how to identify...cover, Thermocline, bait balls, suspended fish and bottom density,when you have that mastered you'll have one up on most. .

Practice trolling motor Maneuvering around docks and exposed cover

Check twitter out also, search #bassfishing and you'll get an idea of what is working for others

Post Thanks / Like
    Twitter huh? I guess I better learn how to tweet. I will take the advice of learning the body of water and identifying structure better. I've already put in the time of working on my rods and reels getting them in tip top shape. I reckon I'll start hitting the dove fields while things on the water are slow. Can't wait for things to cool down though I love fishing the cool weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know social media is a pain in the @$$, I'm not big on FB, twitter took me a while but I can say that there are some great resources there .

I travel weekly and through my twitter friends I always have a fishing buddy in each state and plenty of suggestions on any topic, furthermore, i have become friends with a few pros through friendly chat.

As an example, go to twitter and type @lapbass in the search box, mark is a sucessfull top water fisherman and furthermore he is a great friend and resource. There are a ton of these guys globally.

Tight lines,
    Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill give it a shot. Thanks Mr. Conder