Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rough River report

Fished rough today and caught several fish. It was a big change from Saturday. Water temps still in the low to mid 80's and clear in the main river. I had six keepers with two over 3 pounds and probably 10-12 slots. I couldn't find a shallow bite at all, not even early. All keepers were caught in the south fork from the mouth to Walters creek. Deep channel banks and deep points seemed to be the ticket. 10- 18 ft on Texas rigged worms and football jigs in green pumpkin. It took about 4 hrs and 15 gallons of gas to find this pattern as I tried to make the shallow wood and dock bite happen. It's just not there yet. I fished from George's all the way to Peter Cave. The bite I was on was still fun with multiple fish in several locations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report. Going down next Wednesday and haven't fished the lake in many years and additional help would be great. Also, what are the shad doing schooled up? In the creeks? Jumps?

Post Thanks / Like
    The shad are balled up in the middle. They're everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

rough

thank you a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    Fished rough today and caught several fish. It was a big change from Saturday. Water temps still in the low to mid 80's and clear in the main river. I had six keepers with two over 3 pounds and probably 10-12 slots. I couldn't find a shallow bite at all, not even early. All keepers were caught in the south fork from the mouth to Walters creek. Deep channel banks and deep points seemed to be the ticket. 10- 18 ft on Texas rigged worms and football jigs in green pumpkin. It took about 4 hrs and 15 gallons of gas to find this pattern as I tried to make the shallow wood and dock bite happen. It's just not there yet. I fished from George's all the way to Peter Cave. The bite I was on was still fun with multiple fish in several locations.
    Me