Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Falls Camping/fishing trip

Hey everyone, happy Monday.
    I am taking my 6 year old son down to Cumberland Falls the weekend of October 4th. We are going to camp for 2 nights and try to do some fishing. Anyone have any suggestions for fishing and/or hiking down there? I've seen some threads that say fishing can be very good on the fall down there. Suggestions for bait or lures? Thanks in advance, always appreciate the input.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I made this trip last year and it was fun. The hiking trails are very nice and you can get a map at the CFall's info shed there at the Falls. The lodge has a wonderful buffet breakfast every morning that I recommend. I waded and fished above the Falls even though you aren't suppose to via the signs. It had been very dry and the water was very low, heck most places I waded were only knee deep with an occassional pool that had depth.I caught some decent Smallmouth doing this on a few different baits.

Now below the Falls they allow bank and wade fishing but this area can be a bit tough, large boulders and rough terrain but some places aren't too bad. I did not fish there but heard it can be very good. It is a beautiful place and I hope you and your Son have a great and safe time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the tips. Especially the buffet.......hehe. I figure I will plan on taking some redworms and waxworms, plus some spinners, grubs, and other artificials. Looking forward to seeing what its like down there.