Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Striper jumps 9/26

Check out the video of the stripers jumps yesterday 9/26 fish were schooling and jumping before dark. Didn't not experience any craziness, boats were scattered and respectful that I fished with. Found some good size fish but the one in the video was not that was the smallest of the day.

Last edited by peter; 09-27-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Embeded video

Post Thanks / Like

Here come the drones....

Man Justin, looks like you got a drone. Is that the Patriot or the Phantom? Best video I have ever seen of jumps. A close in second to live action while eating sausage and eggs toast and coffee at Lure lodge. Can you drop a little minerature cast net from it? ha

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the phantom. That's the first time we did it turned out pretty cool but you put her in the drink and party is over she don't float or is it water proof. Will try to get better footage that was just first time try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that was some sweet footage. I'd never thought of doing something that cool

Post Thanks / Like
    That WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is an awesome idea. I found this video of some streams I fish up north. http://vimeo.com/51721083

I wish I could fly these.

This video is killer.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is unbelievably cool. That could be an awesome tool in finding them when looking for jump. The charter we used to Tarpon fish in FL had a scout plane. Talk about covering ground!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINHALL View Post
    That is the phantom. That's the first time we did it turned out pretty cool but you put her in the drink and party is over she don't float or is it water proof. Will try to get better footage that was just first time try.
    How come the Phantom over the Patriot?....or is that like asking why the 200hp over the 125.
    On the Patriot can't you see what the drone is seeing right on your ipad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its more like a 300 vs a 75 hp.......
    The phantom has GPS and can fly itself etc. plus come back to where it took off at if problems etc., has a lot more features and was built to film not just a chopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting. That was cool. I didnt read anything before watching it and it took me a few secs to figure out what was going on and what the heck that noise was.

Kudos to you as I have a hard enough time remaining calm when the fish start busting the water much less to be an air traffic controller too

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Justy....too flipppin awesome. Thanks man! Techno fishin is sweet!
    Last edited by apb; 09-30-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Please don't start that again...

Post Thanks / Like
    "Techno fishin is sweet!"
    Sounds better than redneck technology as another friend put it.

The helicopter will fly 30 mph so if we have it in the air already it can get to the jumps before I can by the time I fired up and motor over there its already hovering over the fish. The first time we put it in the air we got lucky as a set of jumps started going and he flew it over as I was getting over there. Should have made for good footage but he had it on taking pics every 2 seconds instead of video so we didn't get it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0021102.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	6598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0021106.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	6599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0021103.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	6600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0021104.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	6601  

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINHALL View Post
    "Techno fishin is sweet!"
    Sounds better than redneck technology as another friend put it.

The helicopter will fly 30 mph so if we have it in the air already it can get to the jumps before I can by the time I fired up and motor over there its already hovering over the fish. The first time we put it in the air we got lucky as a set of jumps started going and he flew it over as I was getting over there. Should have made for good footage but he had it on taking pics every 2 seconds instead of video so we didn't get it.
    So in the future to guard my fishing spots, I need an anti-aircraft gun system on the boat. Can aerial combat for fishing spots be far off???????? Just think, fish go up in the jumps, and the drones get into a aerial dogfight while defending the position. Shades of the blitz.......OMG.....could we see kamikazi attacks on bass boats