Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake Superior

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Superior

Hi all, I was directed to Fishin.com by my brother from another mother Hoggie. I am retired and now in Gods Country Up-North Minnesota !! I live 15 minutes from the Biggest Fresh water lake in the world (jealous yet ?) & 45 minutes from all the Great fishing and hunting one man can will ever need. I am an avid outdoorsman and will share a seat in my boat or Ice House.

Your Fish-Friend
    Smitty

V-Vet 68/69
    Brown Water Nayv
    Last edited by peter; 10-02-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: thought the "text" fish symbol was being red wrong. working on new site and that post was formatted funny some where that is

Post Thanks / Like
    Man...it does get awfully hot down this way in the sumnmer.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Superior Smallmouth

Hi Smitty!
    Yep you are sure in God's country there in Duluth! God it is great fishing and beautiful.... but GOD it is cold in the winter.
    I have been fishin the Wisc. side for smallmouth and an thinking of heading up there in mid Oct. Here is what I am after as in years past.... 30 Smallmouth in a day and none under three lbs!!!!! I use Rapala D10's and live 5" suckers on a snelled three foot leader behind a Lindy snaggless sinker. They are in the rocks this time of year about 15'. Makes my heart pump just thinking.... man what a battle those brutes are.
    Here is a clip....
    http://catch-n.com/video/Hoggie%20SM%20Bass.wmv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	6615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0986.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	6616  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichSmith View Post
    Hi all, I was directed to Fishin.com by my brother from another mother Hoggie. I am retired and now in Gods Country Up-North Minnesota !! I live 15 minutes from the Biggest Fresh water lake in the world (jealous yet ?) & 45 minutes from all the Great fishing and hunting one man can will ever need. I am an avid outdoorsman and will share a seat in my boat or Ice House.

Your Fish-Friend
    Smitty

V-Vet 68/69
    Brown Water Nayv
    Very NICE.

I'd love to live up in Minnesota. Great fishing. I just think the winters would kill me

Nice to have you aboard.
    Last edited by peter; 10-02-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Your Fish-Friend
    Smitty

V-Vet 68/69
    Brown Water Nayv
    Not sure if the fish symbol was the problem or not.
    Thanks for the post!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Not sure if the fish symbol was the problem or not.
    Thanks for the post!
    Rich,

Next time you post try that fish symbol again and email me if you could and I can check it. Not a big deal if you forget or have something like fishing to do.

Thanks

peter@fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

< *())))))(~<

Your Fish-N-Friend
    Smitty

V-Vet 68/69
    Brown Water Navy
    Last edited by peter; 10-04-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Replace Top Post Couldn't find edit button ?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

< *())))))(~<

Your Fish-N-Friend
    Smitty

V-Vet 68/69
    Brown Water Navy
    Looking forward to reading about the fishing in Minnesota. Especially any good stories on how to catch walleyes.

onemorecast56 Guest

Moved to Stone Lake Wi

Hi guys. Just moved to Stone Lake Wi just south of Hayward. Moved fom Louisville Ky to here to retire.. came here t smallie/musky fish. Benn a meber of fishn.com for many yrs.. woul;d love to meet some northlanders...Fish Ely alot...but My Name is Doug ,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New I-Phone pic's 10-11-13 163.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	6683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New I-Phone pic's 10-11-13 135.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	6682  

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Doug

I am retired also Doug, If you ever get to Duluth look me up !