Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of the Coprs Ramps shut down?

I heard in some other states that some of the corps ramps had there gates closed today with the govt. shut down. I was curious if anyone knows if any local ramps were closed like port Oliver at Barren.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished out of North Fork today. When I got back to the ramp they had the closed signs up, bathrooms locked tight and had orange barricades up near the entrance.

Post Thanks / Like

This came from Corp of Eng. Nolin Lake facebook

"Park status: OPEN boat ramps at Nolin River Lake are at Moutardier, Wax, Bacon Creek, and the Nolin Lake State Park. Dog Creek, Iberia, Van Meter, and the Tailwater are CLOSED. No restroom facilities are available at Moutardier or Wax. Moutardier Campground will remain open through this Friday, October 4th."

They also had posted that the State Park at Noline is operated by state and isn't affected by the federal shutdown.

Post Thanks / Like

link to Barren River info

Is the address to Barren River https://www.facebook.com/BarrenRiverLake

Post Thanks / Like
    The restrooms by the big pavilian at Moutardier are open.

Post Thanks / Like
    They closed ramp 1 at green river lake yesterday while i was on the water. Had signs posted but i would assume the gates are closed by now

Post Thanks / Like

Update

Received this e-mail today

Good Afternoon – This email is being sent out to everyone who has scheduled a fishing tournament on the KDFWR’s website in 2013. The department is trying to notify as many anglers as possible that the recent federal government shutdown will potentially result in the closure of a number of boat ramps on water bodies located throughout Kentucky. This will most likely to occur at those ramps that are directly maintained by federal agencies being impacted by the shutdown (i.e. Army Corps of Engineers and US Forest Service). The KDFWR urges anyone who is organizing a tournament, or simply planning a fishing trip, during this time period to verify that the ramp is open prior to traveling to that water body. Hopefully, this will help many Kentucky anglers avoid any sudden issues from the boat ramp closures, especially when some water bodies might have other access sites that could serve as last minute alternatives.

Regards

Christopher Hickey
    Program Coordinator - Warm Water Fisheries
    Kentucky Dept. of Fish & Wildlife Resources
    #1 Sportsman's Lane
    Frankfort, KY 40601
    502-564-7109 Ext. 4467
    502-564-4519 Fax

Post Thanks / Like
    Just pathetic. What resources are being used at a boat ramp. Where'd they get the money to make the signs? They didn't take care of the ramps at cave run when they were on the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Some ramps closed!

Some of the boat ramps are being closed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenriverman1 View Post
    Some of the boat ramps are being closed!
    Not sure what ramps you are referring to, but I just called the Corps office at Cumberland. As of Friday at 3:10 pm, I was told that all ramps were to remain open. News releases on the Nashville District's page state that campgrounds and day use areas were to be closed today. This is why I called. The lady stated that funds were identified from last year, and at this point, there is funding to keep Cumberland ramps open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyriver View Post
    Not sure what ramps you are referring to, but I just called the Corps office at Cumberland. As of Friday at 3:10 pm, I was told that all ramps were to remain open. News releases on the Nashville District's page state that campgrounds and day use areas were to be closed today. This is why I called. The lady stated that funds were identified from last year, and at this point, there is funding to keep Cumberland ramps open.
    Nolin River Lake - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District

Yesterday

DUE to Government SHUTDOWN:
    Currently the OPEN boat ramps at Nolin River Lake are at Moutardier, Wax, Bacon Creek, and the Nolin Lake State Park. Moutardier Campground will remain open through this Sunday, October 6th.

CLOSED: Facilities and Ramps at Dog Creek, Iberia, Van Meter, and the Tailwater. No restroom facilities are available at Moutardier or Wax.

We will update you as we get additional information about the shutdown.

https://www.facebook.com/Nolin.River.Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Will Land Between The Lakes be shut down this week

We're leaving in the morning for a week's worth of fishing and fun down at Barkley and was planning on taking my wife and son down to see the Buffalo and Elk. What all is effected down there right now? Are ramps closed around both lakes too??