Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Life is GOOD.......I just added another KY Trip.

I had two planned for October. Now I have 3

I will be on the lake next fri, sat, sun, the weekend after, and the weekend after.

Then I take a 2 week break, and then 2 weekends again ON KY.

Then 1 weekend break, and 3 weekends in a row at Dale........Life is good.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I had two planned for October. Now I have 3

I will be on the lake next fri, sat, sun, the weekend after, and the weekend after.

Then I take a 2 week break, and then 2 weekends again ON KY.

Then 1 weekend break, and 3 weekends in a row at Dale........Life is good.

Later,

Geo
    I hope the boat ramps are open for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenriverman1 View Post
    I hope the boat ramps are open for you.
    I will OPEN them if not.................

Post Thanks / Like
    I will OPEN them if not.................
    Luckily most of the ramps on KY aren't owned by the Corps. I was hoping to spend a little time exploring LBL one day next weekend with the family but I'm betting the govt shutdown will still be in force.

Geo with all that time spent in transit, maybe you should just relocate

Post Thanks / Like
    That's wonderful George, hope you catch a basket full!! We're heading down in the morning and looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by semi75 View Post
    Luckily most of the ramps on KY aren't owned by the Corps. I was hoping to spend a little time exploring LBL one day next weekend with the family but I'm betting the govt shutdown will still be in force.

Geo with all that time spent in transit, maybe you should just relocate
    Trust Me.......that is in the works. I've had my wife down there 4 or 5 times, and we have looked at well over 50 or so places.

I have not stepped to the next level and secured a real estate agent, but it is definitely in the works.

JUST really hard deciding if I want to let go with those hard earned greenbacks.

My wife also really likes Dale Hollow, and I think she'd much rather relocate there, just so we could make runs to Nashville......Maybe.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Thank you for letting us know how you do at the end of each trip. I am going to try and make it down there this fall, as soon as Dave Stewart says the bite is on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro929 View Post
    Thank you for letting us know how you do at the end of each trip. I am going to try and make it down there this fall, as soon as Dave Stewart says the bite is on.
    It took 20 lbs each day to qualify in top 50 in the renegade. I'm thinking the BITE is just fine right now

And Dave's report this week talks about multiple 20lb bags with a 9lb kicker. Yea, I'm definitely thinking the bite is on, that is why I added another trip. Back to back to back in October.....then catch my breath and back to back. then more breathing catching, then, back to back to back again........

That is of course, as long as I have cash to do it all, and as long as my poor body holds out.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    It took 20 lbs each day to qualify in top 50 in the renegade. I'm thinking the BITE is just fine right now

And Dave's report this week talks about multiple 20lb bags with a 9lb kicker. Yea, I'm definitely thinking the bite is on, that is why I added another trip. Back to back to back in October.....then catch my breath and back to back. then more breathing catching, then, back to back to back again........

That is of course, as long as I have cash to do it all, and as long as my poor body holds out.

Later,

Geo
    yea but I am in a different league, I get very few all weekend fishing trip. Like deer hunting during the rut. I will wait until the fish are a little less scattered. more bang for the buck so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    When Dave quits using the word transition in his fishing report.

Post Thanks / Like

Later,

Geo
    Glad to hear you are getting to make another trip down George. Not sure where you heard those numbers on the Renegade but it actually took 10lbs a day to make the top 50 cut. The top weight was 38.45 lbs for the two days and 20.39 lbs was the weight for 50th place after the two days. There were over 260 boats in the tournament so that means over 200 boats had less than a 10lbs per day average. Like I said in my report...you can have some very good days right now but the fish are still in transition and you have to work hard to get a limit right now on most days.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Stewart; 10-05-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting to make another trip down George. Not sure where you heard those numbers on the Renegade but it actually took 10lbs a day to make the top 50 cut. The top weight was 38.45 lbs for the two days and 20.39 lbs was the weight for 50th place after the two days. There were over 260 boats in the tournament so that means over 200 boats had less than a 10lbs per day average. Like I said in my report...you can have some very good days right now but the fish are still in transition and you have to work hard to get a limit right now on most days.

Dave
    Yea, I saw were my numbers were off

A couple guys I was talking to at Poplar Creek said I would have made the cut the week before, and I wasn't anywhere NEAR 20lbs a day

Thanks for the clarification. And yea baby. Live is good, when you can go fishin It was easier to line up a trip to go somewhere else, but I'd much rather save my pennies and hit KY again.

Have fun with your buddies down at Cumberland.........but one question. Is Kendall open? It is Corp.

Later,

Geo