Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville - settlers trace

Is ramp open? How is water after rain this last weekend? Anybody catching whites/hybrids?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just left salt river, put in at the ramp at tailwater and saw several boats turn into settlers trace ramp. I would assume it's open but couldn't say for sure. They bought minnows at gas station and turned down the road to settlers. They are pulling a little water at dam and it was clear and 68 degree in the river. I caught 12 largemouth, a few spots, a red eye, a drum and one 16" smallmouth all on a jig. They were sitting in the heavier current.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. We will give it a shot in morning. Hopefully water isnt too muddy from rain and the fish cooperate

Post Thanks / Like
    All the ramps are open, the upper end of the lake past chowning is still a bit muddy. I've been catching good size cats (several in the 30-40# range) trolling live shiners between 12 and 22 feet along the channel drops between heady run and candy branch. Have yet to get into a good school of hybrids this year though, but I always see them busting shad up in the creeks in the evenings. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the Settlers ramp was open. The parking lot was almost full as it seemed everybody was fishing yesterday. The large majority we saw were crappie fishing.

Schools of Shad were PLENTIFUL. We caught 8 hybrid/whites and 3 bass in the shad between dawn and 9:30 am There were really no sustained jumps but could see fish feeding on and chasing the shad off and on. Once the fog burned off things slowed and we spent the rest of the day bass fishing. We had to leave at 5pm so didnt get a chance to see if there would be any white/hybrid action in the evening.

Caught 9 bass on plastics when we were bass fishing.

Main lake was pretty clear & back of creeks were stained. Not too much action in backs of creeks but there were lots of bluegill sunning on top near the stickups.

Pretty decent day as we are not too familiar with T-Ville lake

Post Thanks / Like
    Took my son there Thursday. Fished from 8-3. Caught 15 bass with 4 keepers. 2 keepers came off lay downs on white/chartr swim jigs and 2 keepers came off 6" Watermelon Seed Lizards in about 4-6 foot of water. Nothing on cranks, spinners or top water for us. Best bite was up to 10am then it slowed a LOT. Caught our fish on main lake points and lead in banks just off main lake. My son also had a 3lb Hybrid early on a Kelly's Purple Worm

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody talked to any crappie fishermen or heard if any crappie have been bitin there??

Post Thanks / Like

good report

nice report

Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt get any official word but based on seeing the crappie guys catch some while we were in the area and the number of boats fishing for crappie, I would say they are biting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've talked to several guys saying the crappie bites on. I personally haven't had the time to fish the lake myself but one guy said he's been catching just about anywhere you find structure in the 10-15 foot range. He also said he was only using minnows. He said they wouldn't touch his jigs.

Post Thanks / Like
    The area around Chowning was kinda an ugly brown and Timber Cr was packed full of shad. never really saw any fish in them Talked to one crappie fisherman that had two on minnows in around 8 foot.