Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It's beginning to look a lot like FNF....

Days like this means it won't be long now. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 32 degrees, spitting snow and sleet, no boat within 5 miles, Dale Hollow looking as good as ever and my FNF rod bent double under the struggle of a 5 lb Brownfish and I playing Tug O War. It won't be long now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Days like this means it won't be long now. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 32 degrees, spitting snow and sleet, no boat within 5 miles, Dale Hollow looking as good as ever and my FNF rod bent double under the struggle of a 5 lb Brownfish and I playing Tug O War. It won't be long now
    I was thinking that EXACT thing this morning.

I have two November trips to Dale this year, instead of 1........I was thinking it would be too early, but maybe not.

I definitely cannot wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we all know how you love to catch those fighting log salmons...pole bent double with that dastardly dog laugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heading down this weekend! Probably no FNF, but definitely trying some top water action.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait. I always start too early, but it's getting close.

Probably going to Laurel for my December trip this year instead of Dale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    Well we all know how you love to catch those fighting log salmons...pole bent double with that dastardly dog laugh.

I think I will post that story now. !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yes sir them alberta clippers make for some fun fishin on the hollow in the winter time. The coldest I have been on dale was a few years back and it was 7 degrees. The boat was froze to the trailer that day. I am glad to see you are back on here elnut how have u been doing? We are going to have to go fishing again sometime this winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    ive already caught my first f n fly smally of the season, it was a nice 16 incher. 8ft of leader. caught at the mouth of indian creek on lake cumberland. (10/19/13) just took out the old buggy whip to make sure everything still worked and to my surprise.... it was way cool seeing that bobber go under.

Post Thanks / Like
    today made me get on the phone, call Mitch and get a place to stay for Thanksgiving week. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

FnFphalis- is a clinical disease when you are sitting at the house with a blanket over you in front of the fireplace complaining about how cold it is. The whole time you are wishing December will get here quicker so you can go out with the buggy whip and fish in weather that is so cold the eyes freeze on the rod. All this is done just to try to outsmart a fish with a brain the size of a pea that we are just going to take a pic of and then turn loose to try and do battle the next day. Unless of course that fish is over 21" and then some of us will put it in the livewell and go weigh it in and collect the Billy Westmorland trophies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEMALL View Post
    FnFphalis- is a clinical disease when you are sitting at the house with a blanket over you in front of the fireplace complaining about how cold it is. The whole time you are wishing December will get here quicker so you can go out with the buggy whip and fish in weather that is so cold the eyes freeze on the rod. All this is done just to try to outsmart a fish with a brain the size of a pea that we are just going to take a pic of and then turn loose to try and do battle the next day. Unless of course that fish is over 21" and then some of us will put it in the livewell and go weigh it in and collect the Billy Westmorland trophies.
    Billy Westmorland Trophies??? Are you saying you won The Billy?? Can I have your autograph? I never met anyone that won the Greatest Smallmouth Only Tournament on earth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Booked our boatel at dale hollow marina for dec yesterday. Counting down the days!