Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need some help on taylorsville.

I'm wondering if some one could hep me out with the crappies? I've tried a jig and minnow, tried getting minnows from different places, still no luck. What is everyone using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your using the right baits. For me some days they won't touch a jig and destroy minnows or it's the other way around. You might not be fishing the right areas. Key in on standing timber and submerged trees in 8-15 ft of water. And keep moving around until you find them. I've had more luck towards the dam in the creeks. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Your using the right baits. For me some days they won't touch a jig and destroy minnows or it's the other way around. You might not be fishing the right areas. Key in on standing timber and submerged trees in 8-15 ft of water. And keep moving around until you find them. I've had more luck towards the dam in the creeks. Good luck
    I will try that again today and see what happens... Thanks a bunch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay bird, did you do any better today? I'm heading down tomorrow afternoon to give it a shot myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went up around van buren and didn't catch anything but a cat and a cold. Was very disappoints but the next day my uncle went down towards the dam and caught around 18 keepers. He said they just moved from tree to tree picking off 1 to 3 from each tree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    I went up around van buren and didn't catch anything but a cat and a cold. Was very disappoints but the next day my uncle went down towards the dam and caught around 18 keepers. He said they just moved from tree to tree picking off 1 to 3 from each tree.
    That's basically the way to do it right now you might catch 2 keepers on one tree and 8 on the next. You just gotta keep moving and not spend a lot of time in one place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    That's basically the way to do it right now you might catch 2 keepers on one tree and 8 on the next. You just gotta keep moving and not spend a lot of time in one place.
    Yup. That's about the best way to find decent size too!

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville crappie

I went the 19th caught 24 keepers on slip cork and minnow fishing 5 ft deep in 18 - 35 ft if water mid lake. Went back last fri the25 th only had 3 keepers . Cold front lock jawed them, gonna go back this fri