Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland jumps

I was wondering if they were still jumping at Cumberland? I was curious if they were jumping on main lake or in creeks. Trying to make it down sat and sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not talked to anybody this week but from what I heard when they are jumping it is not for very long. I was down three weekends in Oct and did not see any jumps to speak of in the morning.

Most were in afternoon form what I heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most topwater is happening on the main lake but in the larger western end creeks there is some good surface action happening on the overcast days. Sunny days you will see little to nothing if at all and it won't last long when it does. Surface was 67 today, still a tad warm for the plugging to get red got in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report Jared!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I have not talked to anybody this week but from what I heard when they are jumping it is not for very long. I was down three weekends in Oct and did not see any jumps to speak of in the morning.

Most were in afternoon form what I heard.

Those were mostly sunny days. Thought I would mention after reading Jareds post.

Jared has a fishin report at the below address.

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/conten...ort-harmon-all

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    930 to 1100 am got in to surface feeders' Tuesday 5 Nov just south of Low Gap cut through. Nothing in the morning from 630 am from Jamestown to the dam dam. I stutter. Got in to these on the way back. Did see Mr and Mrs Bald Eagle near dam, and their two juveniles. Boated 2 fat and healthy 29 inch stripers on chrome zora spook. No jumps back 1/2 Beaver to Jamestown 4 to 7 pm same day, and we run and looked a lot. Front and north wind, followed by high I think got them. Need shiners? Jamestown dock has nice 6 inchers and mid sized dudes.

So what is the live bait pattern? Want to get some shiners killed and some planer boards dunked. And my hummingbird fish finder 581 is acting up, so pattern help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland

I take it from the sound of things the lake hasn't started to turn over yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jumps pretty good in the creek two days ago. Came up twice in maybe a half a football field size. Got my lines in and they came up in smaller bunches. Got there late twice but the fish were still there and got four on a 7 inch red fin. Keep casting if they come up close to a bluff.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    Jumps pretty good in the creek two days ago. Came up twice in maybe a half a football field size. Got my lines in and they came up in smaller bunches. Got there late twice but the fish were still there and got four on a 7 inch red fin. Keep casting if they come up close to a bluff.
    Wednesday, late start, probably try Indian, then Otter and Beaver. Hey, bald eagles perch right side bank, facing dam, last long mud bank before the ramp area and above the slew north of the ramp. Look for stack of old tires on the bank, then look up in surrounding trees. Big female and smaller male. Majestic!

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a bald eagle hunting in the mouth of Browns yesterday. I think it will be there all winter.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    There was a bald eagle hunting in the mouth of Browns yesterday. I think it will be there all winter.
    Was in mouth of beaver' right side entering from main lake, behind the little island. Saw juevinile in tree just above us as we fished for bluegills. Minutes later, mom mature eagle showed up. Too cool

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Obtw......no jumps today.