Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfe Creek... Water? Fishing?

Hey fellas. New around here been a reader but not a poster. Taking my son to wolfe creek for some fishing weekend of the 16th. Will be camping and bank fishing around kendall area. Will be fishing for trout but other species will be just fine as well. Anyone having any luck? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I locally fish the Ohio river so not real sure how to fish wolfe this time of year. Have had success years ago on powerbait and a splitty. thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OHIOJYNX View Post
    Hey fellas. New around here been a reader but not a poster. Taking my son to wolfe creek for some fishing weekend of the 16th. Will be camping and bank fishing around kendall area. Will be fishing for trout but other species will be just fine as well. Anyone having any luck? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I locally fish the Ohio river so not real sure how to fish wolfe this time of year. Have had success years ago on powerbait and a splitty. thanks for any help
    You should catch fish. Check the TVA's website for wolf creek discharge........it will give you an idea of when and how much water they are running.

You should be able to catch trout on corn or power bait. Also, try small number 5 shad raps in natural colors, or in line spinners. They also work effectively.

Have fun.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    The river has been heavily stocked after the gubment reopened. It takes about 5 minutes to limit out. The rainbows are fatties , the brook trout bite is still pretty steady but not as hot as the rainbow bite

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    The river has been heavily stocked after the gubment reopened. It takes about 5 minutes to limit out. The rainbows are fatties , the brook trout bite is still pretty steady but not as hot as the rainbow bite
    Thanks for the reply and that be ok with me lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OHIOJYNX View Post
    Thanks for the reply and that be ok with me lol
    You may have missed out, Those hatchery trout scatter pretty quick, so you may need to drift the river. I practice Catch & Release, but I''m sure the Wormers have taken their share of this release. But Nothing wrong with that, they have the same KY license as I.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made that camping trip several times at Kendall Campground it was pretty good. We would take the kids to catch trout at Hatchery Creek by using Cheese from garlic cheese logs on small treble hooks or using minnows to catch the larger trout. We would clean them and eat them that night and they were pretty good like that.
    We found many areas to cast for trout from the bank using Wordens inline spinners (1/8oz) in hot pink colors. It was a lot of fun for sure.