Done

Post Thanks / Like
    done! Hope they pass it

Post Thanks / Like
    Done

Post Thanks / Like
    done, hope they pass it

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I had to include date of birth, last 4 social security digits and zip code at the end.

So I didn't....but I still did the survey.

Post Thanks / Like

It should be illegal to ask for any part of SS Num

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I didn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I had to include date of birth, last 4 social security digits and zip code at the end.

So I didn't....but I still did the survey.
    IMHO they should make it against the law to use or ask for part or the whole SS # from anyone for any reason other than SS purposed.

It's not really suppose to be used as a USA ID # but it's become like that more and more.

If you buy a guy they ask for your SS# here in Indiana now. It's optional but it says on the form that it (Speeds Up the Process and helps to keep your name from being confused with some one else). That someone else could be a convicted fellow so it's implied that you better give the SS number or you may not be able to get quick service.

If you give people too much personal information they can steal your identity and that can cause you big time trouble later. All a thief needs is your name, SS #, birthday and your address and they can pretty much find out the rest about you.

As for the survey, I'll have to go take a look at it to see what it's asking. I thought I'd post about the SS# thing first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Done,hope it passes!!! Crazy to not be able to idle.

Post Thanks / Like

People will abuse the idle speed restrictions .

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Indiana has this rule on many of our small lakes. The IDNR a few years back ( approx. 2003) lifted this regulation/rule and allowed big motors on these small lakes.

Since that time people with big bass boats have been fishing these small lakes. On a Saturday or Sunday in the summer months there can be way too many boat/trailers in the parking lot and not enough parking spaces. And there are always some people who think that they are the only one's fishing there and part a way that takes up two or more parking spaces. We also have people who bring their cars/bikes to the parking lot and go off to ride their bike leaving their car in a parking space that designed for fisherman. They think it's a park or something when it's a Fish and Wildlife Area that's dedicated to hunter and fishermen.

After they first put in this new speed limit rule I was happy. I'm still pretty happy that I can use my gas motor to get around and expecially happy that I can use the gas motor to load up and launch my boat more easily. It's hard to recover a boat by yourself using only an electric trolling motor.

But many of the boat drivers ignore the "idle speed only" and go fast enough to make a wake on these small lakes. And with the huge increase in boat traffic it's harder to fish without getting in the way of another boat. These lakes are only 200 acres in size for the most.

They did install a new concrete ramp on the biggest lake that has the most pressure so that helps a bit. They can launch at the South end or the North End and spread out the truck/boat trailers in-between two parking lots now.

Funny that when IDNR is out patrolling these lakes with their boat people go slow. But they can easily see the IDNR boat and slow down before they get a ticket. And they all seem to know when the IDNR CO's are not there.

Our CO's need to stand along the shoreline and write tickets later for speeders. That's the only way to really get everyone to slow down and not speed.

So I have mixed feelings about this issue. It's more a matter of principle to me. If they are nice enough to let us use our gas motors on these small lakes after many years of motor size restrictions (10 HP or Less) then we should follow the rules. People are going faster and faster these days. If they get a ticket ever now and then they may think twice before the edge the gas throttle forward again.

I know it's hard to go so slow as we all get in a hurry to get to the fishing spot. Why else would many buy a big boat with a huge motor on it?

This rule only works when people follow the rules.

Other than the principle of the thing I don't see what it hurts if someone goes 5 mph instead of 2 mph! Different motors have different idle speed capabilities. It's hard on a big two cycle motor to go very slow for a long time. Now a 4 cycle motor can idle all day long without fouling up the spark plugs. But Two cycles need to get going to blow out the carbon once in a while.

So I'm all for the new relaxed motor sizes but wish that they would enforce it better if they are going to put up signs saying "Idle speed only.. STRICTLY ENFORCED". People have called their bluff and that's a call for better enforcement of the rules.