Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Randall needs you prayers...terminal cancer..

click on to review all post: http://lakecumberland.com/forum/view...ge=2#pid443019 Randell is a well know and respected fishing guide on the the Cumberland.

Randall, we never met, but alway felt a kingsman relation to you when fishing on the Cumberland River. I trust the mist of the Cumberland will embrace you in your time of need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGFePPnIVDE

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, sorry to hear this. I met Randall and Tony many years ago. They were fishing with Al Lindner below the dam. My buddy had just sold his boat so we were shore bound. They came up and fished right in front of us and crossed our lines. They stopped and apologized and chatted with us for awhile. Al even sent up his camera man who stood right with us as they filmed a show. They were all very nice. Al was very friendly and wanted to stay and chat. I will never forget that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Tim Caudill has kept me in the know on this for some time now. A real shame as he is a great friend to so many.
    God Speed to him and his family...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really sorry to hear this. I can't say I was friends with him but we used to talk some when he had a boat slip and was on the lake quite a bit. He was always very nice to me and sometimes had "tips" even if i didn't ask for them. Like the time I was changing slips and he knew there were cables in the area. He tipped me on dragging a weighted fishing line all around through the slip to check for them, so I wouldn't get a cast net caught in them. I still do this when they change lake levels.

I sure hope he can win this battle and I'm pulling and praying for him!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been fortunate enough to have fished with Randell and used him in some magazine articles. He was always good for a quote, although it was usually one that couldn't be printed LOL. I heard about his situation a while back from a mutual friend and was floored. Prayers sent for the big ole country boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Randell “Randy” Gibson , age 58, passed away at his residence on Homer Grider Road in the Crocus Creek Community of Cumberland County, Kentucky on Saturday, November 16, 2013. Arrangements are incomplete at this time and will be announced later by Norris-New Funeral Home in Burkesville, Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    God speed Randall and prayers to his family. My dad and I had the pleasure of fishing with him on a guided some years back on lake cumberland. We fished for stripers out of Grider Hill. That was the first time that I had been striper fishing. We caught quite a few fish. Randall was a good man and will be truly missed in the fishing community.

Post Thanks / Like

My last visit

One day last week I drove out to Randy's place. I got to his lane his house off in the distance. I couldn't make myself go the rest of the way. Knowing what the ravages of the cancer do to one, I took a long look at a home place, I knew it would soon be changed for ever. I just didn't want that to be my last memory of Randy so I turned around an drove back home. . so as I learn today he's gone, I will for ever have the image of one hell of a man.....thankfully I have some times we shared that will be what I recall.

Jim if you read this I know you lost another part of your being, hang in there

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers here for Randall and his family. I first met Randall many years ago at the Indy Boat Show where he and I were both doing seminars at the hawg trough. It was always a pleasure to talk to Randall over the years when our paths would cross. We guides have lost one of the best in our profession...it is a sad day.