Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Are you ready for turkey day?

Deer season is about to end. Only the hardy are fishin'. Are you ready for turkey day?

My bird is in the freezer. Everything I need for the meal is in the house so physically I guess I am ready.

How about you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbyt View Post
    Deer season is about to end. Only the hardy are fishin'. Are you ready for turkey day?

My bird is in the freezer. Everything I need for the meal is in the house so physically I guess I am ready.

How about you?
    I keep fishing all year........ and yep I am ready to eat! I have had wild turkey for turkey day before but like most years we are having a store bought one again.

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought the turkey and Mrs.Tyme was making some small plans for our family when we got a call from a nephew inviting us to their house on turkey day. Then today a niece called and invited us to her house. If I can negotiate different start times for the dinners we could possibly attend both events.

I'm planning on wearing my "my weren't you fat jeans" and forgo the belt and wear suspenders to allow for expansion. Mrs.Tyme even told me it would OK to just don my usual attire of blue sweat pants and a flannel shirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbyt View Post

How about you?
    My deer season runs from September to January and I fish all winter, but yes I am ready for turkey day!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a great holiday. Usually I find a day or 2 to fish and watch some high school football. My HS team lost early this year so that gives me more flexibility for fishing.

I love the fact that Americans take a day to celebrate how thankful they are for all they have and then storm out the next day (or even that evening) to buy a bunch more crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweat pans with a loose tie are definitely the best attire for that day.

And Tim is right, I should have said gun season is ending. Do you take many with a bow?

I was deathly afraid that my son would bag a wild turkey (the feathered kind) for me to cook. The Gods were kind and he did not.

That batch of Bambi chili turned out pretty good, not much different than when I screw up and buy the extra lean beef. 4.5 pound of deer makes about 9 pounds of high octane chili.