Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green river lake muskie reports?

I would like to fish green river lake for muskies this weekend and could use a little advice about ramps to use, patterns and lure selection, areas that hold muskies , gas on lake and anything else you anyone might be will to share. Thanks mark

Post Thanks / Like
    This may not be much help but I will do my best...to get a better answer post this question in the Ky Discussion Forum. Your question is currently in a forum that is titled Forum News,Announcements & How To's. About the only people who look at this forum on a regular basis is board moderators. I just happen to see it by accident.

As for the lake...it is currently at winter pool. That will eliminate a few ramps because they are high and dry. If fishing from Taylor County I would use Ramp 1 or Lone Valley. If fishing from Adair County use the Holmes Bend ramp. As for gas on the water I am not 100% sure if the marinas are open this time of year. If coming from Taylor County the BP station at the crossroads where you turn to go to Lone Valley has 90 octane NON ethanol fuel. They have a decent price on ethanol fuel but their NON ethanol is kind of high in my opinion. The Marathon station located in Campbellsville just down the road from Amazon has 89 NON ethanol fuel at a decent price. If you launch in Adair County you can get 89 NON ethanol fuel at a decent price at Green River Bait Shop. I can give directions if needed.

As for fishing...I have never fished for musky. However I have caught several by accident while bass fishing. I have heard they are a fish of 10,000 cast. Well that does not hold true to Green River Lake. I catch anywhere from 5-8 a year and I know it did not take me 80,000 cast. I have caught them on such a variety of baits at different times of the year. For me to tell you how I done it would more than likely be useless because what I done was an accident...The one constant and common thing would be near shad/baitfish with a spinnerbait but I have caught them on many different bait under different conditions. Like I said I am not much help...post on the Ky Discussion Forum for a better response.