Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Sauger article

Just read the Holiday Sauger article and noticed it mentioned the cumberland river below wolf creek dam as a nice spot to bank fish. I fish the Ohio Meldahl pool and love fishing this time of year. We have caught some smaller sauger so far and a few really nice walleye. Just curious as to how to go about fishing the sauger at wolf? Same ole? Jig? Minnow? Bank fishing? thanks for any info fellers good fishin

Post Thanks / Like
    small stick baits and curl tail jigs work best for sauger when they move in but the walleyes and striper prefer larger baits like the 5" husky jerk in the clown or blue chrome patterns. I fish with 30 lb. braid because I hate when a striper runs off with my 9 dollar plug and still catch plenty of walleye and sauger. I only live 4 miles from the dam so I fish there often

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    small stick baits and curl tail jigs work best for sauger when they move in but the walleyes and striper prefer larger baits like the 5" husky jerk in the clown or blue chrome patterns. I fish with 30 lb. braid because I hate when a striper runs off with my 9 dollar plug and still catch plenty of walleye and sauger. I only live 4 miles from the dam so I fish there often
    Nice thanks for the info... Do you usually do best closest to the wall?

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on the current I try to fish the current brakes. Sometimes I move down the bank to the next point if they are running the first generator