Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any Duck hunters in here?

Today would be a good day to go Duck Hunting. The weather is horrible and the ducks are bound to be flying all around looking for food and shelter. They will be flying low today.

Post Thanks / Like

Ducks are flying South

I looked out the back window yesterday as it was raining lightly and very overcast outside. I saw a line of ducks flying in "V" formation very fast. At first I thought that they were Canadian Geese but they were some kind of ducks instead. They have too fast of a wing beat to be geese. I suspect that all the cold weather we have been having up North is driving them down to Louisiana where Phil and the boys can shoot them.

The problem is that now that the cold has left us it's going to get up to about 50 deg and melt all the snow and ice.

I wonder if anyone did any good on waterfowl this last week with all the fowl weather. Fowl weather is great for getting the ducks to move and fly low where they can be harvested, but not so good for us humans.

Bundle up.

Post Thanks / Like

not anymore

I've hunted waterfowl when I turned 16, quit a couple of years after I got out of the army. Hunted in So Ill near cairo. and also the rice fields in Arkansas and La,. I had a "dead cripple" come to life once in my coat, and I felt so bad I hung it up. I'm not against hunting, I remember both "duck weather" and blue bird weather,. I also lost interest in it when one of the guys we used to hunt with got killed in nam. If you want good shooting, east texas is the place. wayched flocks of brant and snows that staggered the imagination.The last time we took the travel trailer there, they let the hunters remove the 3 shot plugs.Almost every day I see sandhill creanes in the barren refuge areas,. All the years hunted only ate duck once, it was terrible, my grandpa loved it. Had a disaster one thanksgiving when I decided we were going to dine on Canada goose. Like trying to eat part of a truck tire. The end came for me also with the 10 gauge shot guns, my 3 inch mag was useless with the sky blasters with those big guns.