Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Added Cull Organizers to boat.

Bored when not fishing so thought for 2014 I would be more organized. Found these at Tackle Warehouse and installed them. Excited to see if they will help or get in the way. First concern though is just catch fish!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3MA33186820-0003.jpg 
Views:	1428 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	6986

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

I'd use them if I fished tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by drjochum73 View Post
    Bored when not fishing so thought for 2014 I would be more organized. Found these at Tackle Warehouse and installed them. Excited to see if they will help or get in the way. First concern though is just catch fish!

Dan
    I've looked at those before and thought that they would be nice to have if I was fishing a crappie tournament. I have the balance scale that will compare one fish to another. I made mine but you can buy them at Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas or Gander Mountain.

Man I remember the days when we just put our bass and other fish on a metal stringer and let the stringer hand over the side of the boat. Then I got a boat and started using a live well. In the old days when we used the stringer we sometimes would take off and forget that the fish were hanging over the side of the boat until the water started spraying everywhere. We lost a couple of fish that way over the years. But we were not trying to keep the fish alive as we ate all the fish we caught and kept.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the metal stringer for many years myself. I decided to do the Culls because I fished a BFL tourney on KY Lake laster year. Had a limit in the first hour and half and my Co-Angler had a nice bag going also. He really didn't have anything for culling his fish. Since I got an extra set as a gift , I decided to put both on the boat. Now if I fish any tourney with a co-angler, they can swap fish a little faster. I also have two young boys I want to get into fishing and the outdoors more. Now each of them can also cull their own fish.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Dan
    Nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Nice.
    Thanks! I can not wait till put fish in the well again this season.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea!

That is a great idea for when you have other people fishing with you in the tournament and have to cull all the fish.

I made a cull bar myself but have not really fished any tournaments. I was thinking about getting into some Crappie fishing Tournaments up at Patoka Lake some time. I meet and talked to a guy fishing up there one time and he won a Crappie USA tournament while fishing with his partner and they now have a new Ranger Bass Boat to fish out of . His buddy must have got the boat as he was fishing out of a 14 foot john boat at the time I saw him. But he had caught about ten nice crappie that day and I watched him release each one back into the water that Tuesday Afternoon in April 2003 up at Patoka Lakes Dumplin Creek. I found out later that month that he and his partner won the Semi Pro Division Crappie USA tournament that spring up at Patoka Lake fishing in the same area. I was up there fishing Dumpling creek for the first time as I read about it on the Patoka Lake Fishing Hot Spots map and decided to fish that part of the lake for the first time. I had fish all the other parts of Patoka Lake off and on since it first opened up back around 1978. I just never went that far up to Walls Launch Ramp before. Now I've fished the entire lake but it's taken me a life time to accomplish that. I don't get up there much anymore though.

I did the metal stringer for many years myself. I decided to do the Culls because I fished a BFL tourney on KY Lake laster year. Had a limit in the first hour and half and my Co-Angler had a nice bag going also. He really didn't have anything for culling his fish. Since I got an extra set as a gift , I decided to put both on the boat. Now if I fish any tourney with a co-angler, they can swap fish a little faster. I also have two young boys I want to get into fishing and the outdoors more. Now each of them can also cull their own fish.

Dan