Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Richmond, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Colorado School Shooting on Friday

    I guess it's not very newsworthy, since the shooter was a left wing socialist that hates Republicans.

    This blogger has just spoke THE TRUTH!!!

    http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/12/...e-thing-to-do/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a joke

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    11,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it wouldn't surprise me if all the others losers who shot up schools were liberal freaks. They do tend to go extreme on america. They will sleep in a tree to keep it from being cut down, champion the idea and try to change the universe for climate change and on and on. Sorry if feathers get ruffled but the greenies and gun control freaks are usually liberals and they go to extremes to try and control others.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all reality the reason it wasn't as big a news story likely had more to do with the fact that he didn't kill anyone other than himself and the incident was over in a matter of minutes than it did because of his political views. If it had lasted and hour and he had killed a dozen students you can bet it would have been a much bigger story. Just like if a small private plan crashes and results in the death of the pilot it is not going to become the same story as a commercial airline crash with mass casualties, it is all relative.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    In all reality the reason it wasn't as big a news story likely had more to do with the fact that he didn't kill anyone other than himself and the incident was over in a matter of minutes than it did because of his political views. If it had lasted and hour and he had killed a dozen students you can bet it would have been a much bigger story. Just like if a small private plan crashes and results in the death of the pilot it is not going to become the same story as a commercial airline crash with mass casualties, it is all relative.
    I disagree 110%. If he had been a right wing gun toting tea partying hate mongrel like the media loves to portray that idiot moron aids victim Al Sharpton and Queers Morgan would have been all over this. Also the likes of Shotgun Joe and all his minions would have to.
    As Earl Pitts has always said.....''WAKE UP AMERICA''

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please point out which past school shooter was a tea party member which had undue attention paid to him?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for curiosity I looked up all the school shootings that I could find that have occured since the 1999 Columbine shooting which seems to be the big one that everyone refers back to. If I counted correctly I come up with 85 school shootings since then. I was surprised at it being that large a number because I certainly hadn't heard of most of them. The one thing that stood out to me was that the shootings that I recall being big news stories are the ones with the largest number of deaths. I would be surprised if anyone can display any correlation between the amount of publicity and the political views of the shooters.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Richmond, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'll concede that the size of the events (number of deaths / shock factor) is probably what drives the media bus...and I don't recall political affiliation really being an issue discussed with the school shootings that I can think of from memory.

    However, and most importantly in regards to the link to the blog I posted, I'm more concerned with the stance the writer takes on protecting our kids in schools with good guys that have guns. In the case of this shooting, it's the reason why it was less tragic from a number of deaths standpoint. Had there not been a good guy with a gun, this one could have been much more "newsworthy"...That's why I think the blogger is on point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    I guess I'll concede that the size of the events (number of deaths / shock factor) is probably what drives the media bus...and I don't recall political affiliation really being an issue discussed with the school shootings that I can think of from memory.

    However, and most importantly in regards to the link to the blog I posted, I'm more concerned with the stance the writer takes on protecting our kids in schools with good guys that have guns. In the case of this shooting, it's the reason why it was less tragic from a number of deaths standpoint. Had there not been a good guy with a gun, this one could have been much more "newsworthy"...That's why I think the blogger is on point.
    If the media stopped the FRENZY when they happen, they would stop happening. Simple. The crazy folks killing kids in schools crave the publicity. If the publicity was not there, I would bet half would not have happened.

    If no one knows about it, how much notoriety will the shooter actually get. AND I believe this is a huge part of it. How many times have you heard the news report that such and such wanted this to be the biggest shooting since ...........

    Later,

    Geo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Richmond, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    If the media stopped the FRENZY when they happen, they would stop happening. Simple. The crazy folks killing kids in schools crave the publicity. If the publicity was not there, I would bet half would not have happened.

    If no one knows about it, how much notoriety will the shooter actually get. AND I believe this is a huge part of it. How many times have you heard the news report that such and such wanted this to be the biggest shooting since ...........

    Later,

    Geo
    No doubt about it....the media frenzy and notoriety only adds fuel to the crazy fire.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    No doubt about it....the media frenzy and notoriety only adds fuel to the crazy fire.
    Very true and I kinda was having a little fun, note the comment from Earl Pitts.

    I have said before and I'll say it again and I now am being very serious we MUST do a better job of recoginizing mental health issues in this country. In he case of Sandy Hook EVERYBODY in that town was scared chitless of that freak boy, look at his picture for God's sake. His own Mother begged for help and was told until he does something we can't help you. Now why she had access to guns for that nutbag who knows thats another issue but my point is valid in most cases people MOST TIMES many people know there is a major issue with these nutcases and it is just ignored until something horrible takes place.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Very true and I kinda was having a little fun, note the comment from Earl Pitts.

    I have said before and I'll say it again and I now am being very serious we MUST do a better job of recoginizing mental health issues in this country. In he case of Sandy Hook EVERYBODY in that town was scared chitless of that freak boy, look at his picture for God's sake. His own Mother begged for help and was told until he does something we can't help you. Now why she had access to guns for that nutbag who knows thats another issue but my point is valid in most cases people MOST TIMES many people know there is a major issue with these nutcases and it is just ignored until something horrible takes place.
    AMEN!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Gun Law Protest - Magpul Leaving Colorado.
    By IronWorker in forum Hunting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 12:26 PM
  2. School Shooting
    By zx150 in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 11:41 PM
  3. CT shooting
    By Tyme2fish in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 09:39 PM
  4. Colorado to Poison All Fish to Eradicate Smallmouth
    By UK_Angus in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 07:04 PM
  5. aa Illegal elk shooting
    By peter in forum Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •