Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

"duck dynasty" star fired for anti-gay beliefs

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson has been fired by A&E for speaking up for what he believes in , supposedly his beliefs are "anti-gay" and considered offensive enough for A&E to pull him from the show.

Somebody please remind me (or convince me) that we live in the land of the free and freedom of speech is one of those rights we enjoy?

oh wait a minute, that's right....its okay for people that have different beliefs to have parades and special interest lobbyist, and movie stars, and so on and so on to continually assault us with a relentless campaign to accept them for what they are and that their beliefs are harmless to society. WELL ITS NOT HARMLESS !!! AND THE FIRING OF PHIL ROBERTSON IS PROOF !!!!

sorry, Ive got to go throw up !

I cant even think straight im so mad.....am I allowed to say that? "think straight" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. He was free to say what he did and A&E are certainly free to suspend him if they so choose.

That said, I support Phil Robertson 100%. Matter of fact I told my wife this afternoon when what he said made the news that he (Phil) is a smart man and likely did this knowing the type of controversy it would cause. My guess is he knows fame is fleeting and that right now when they are at their peak of fame he purposely used it as an opportunity to say exactly what he wanted to say knowing it would be the opportunity for his message to reach the most people possible. I seriously doubt he cares at all about fame or being on television, but looked at it as an opportunity to share his faith. Good for him, and he is a good example of a man defending his faith, standing for his convictions and not selling out.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Duck Dynasty" is a "reality" TV show broadcast on A & E cable network. I've seen a view episodes and it is somewhat entertaining.

What Phil said was for an interview for the magazine GQ .

All that being stated, he has the absolute RIGHT to state his opinion as does A & E to "suspend" him. If he had stated that he was coming out of the duck blind all the libs and Hollywood phonies would be praising him for his honesty and integrity. I just find it so hypercritical of LBGT followers to only accept what the LGBT crowd wants to be said and heard.

Personally, I'm getting too **** old to give a shot anymore but I am definitely tired of the ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE being shoved down my throat as being normal. ( Just a figure of speech)

Phil Robertson could give two flying flights of ducks about what others think of him. Good for you, Phil. I'm sure the money you will lose from A & E won't bother you in the least.

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of " In God We Trust" don't they get. If you don't like it get the hell out...I'm not changin. And if you don't like it find a country that fit's your needs and go to it..This is America JACK. GO PHIL...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Smile sit on it

tyme yer right, no one has the right to make you swallow anything that isn't kosher!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    What part of " In God We Trust" don't they get. If you don't like it get the hell out...I'm not changin. And if you don't like it find a country that fit's your needs and go to it..This is America JACK. GO PHIL...Chuck
    TELL IT BRO TELL IT!
    Here's the thing.....A&E needs Phil it's the number one rated TV show of its type on televison. Phil does NOT need A&E and I'm positive has no problem telling them to go quack theirself............Pun definately intended.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of being made to understand and accept crap and being told I'm a redneck racist if I don't. I so agree with Tyme on this, do what you want but don't make me sit around the camp fire making smores and pushing your agenda if I don't want to.....................AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    TELL IT BRO TELL IT!
    Here's the thing.....A&E needs Phil it's the number one rated TV show of its type on televison. Phil does NOT need A&E and I'm positive has no problem telling them to go quack theirself............Pun definately intended.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of being made to understand and accept crap and being told I'm a redneck racist if I don't. I so agree with Tyme on this, do what you want but don't make me sit around the camp fire making smores and pushing your agenda if I don't want to.....................AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!
    Now lets all go to Packers Perch and roast a weiner..............lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why do many people all the time seem to forget that free speech doesn't have anything to do with the private sector. Nobody locked him up for saying what he said. But his employer decided to take action, and that's well within their right. Heck, they could fire him or cancel the show at any time and for no reason at all if they wanted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Not sure why do many people all the time seem to forget that free speech doesn't have anything to do with the private sector. Nobody locked him up for saying what he said. But his employer decided to take action, and that's well within their right. Heck, they could fire him or cancel the show at any time and for no reason at all if they wanted.
    That's not the point. I get what you are saying but if someone, you, me anybody is asked a specific question we should be able to answer in our best sincere way and not be condemned for it that is the real point here. Today's liberal anything goes society wants us all to accept and acknowledge almost anything as per say ''normal'' and not judge to which I say poppycock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    That's not the point. I get what you are saying but if someone, you, me anybody is asked a specific question we should be able to answer in our best sincere way and not be condemned for it that is the real point here. Today's liberal anything goes society wants us all to accept and acknowledge almost anything as per say ''normal'' and not judge to which I say poppycock.
    No - I don't believe that at all and it doesn't have anything to do with gay or anti-gay. What if they asked him how he liked working for that show and he said they were all crooks and miserable people and that nobody should support it?

He gets paid big bucks by that show and if he does something that they feel may negatively impact their ratings, then I think it's well within their right to cancel the show or fire him if they choose. In fact, it's pretty understandable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Know1, nobody forgot anything about the private sector, we( I) are all just sick and tired of the "private sector" catering and pandering to the "hurt my little feelings" groups.
    Another thing I haven't forgot....the definition and intent of freedom of speech includes phrases such as "freedom to express ones beliefs without fear of retribution, alieanation, discrimination etc etc.
    If someone in the workplace began a campaign of slurs and degrading remarks against me for being straight (and just hold your horses its coming) who would stand up for my rights to be straight, heterosexual, married, employed, white male? nobody, absolutely nobody. The reason we don't get any attention is we are too busy working and paying taxes to spend our time complaining and whining and organizing parades.
    Like mark said, its a little close minded for these groups to fight so hard for their beliefs ,but fight so hard to deny us the right to have and express our beliefs.
    I said to my wife last night "oh if there was an all gay channel nobody would say a word for fear of hurting the little feelings". she informed me that there is a "gay channel" , its called "logo" ? she thinks? really?
    wow, and wow. please don't quote me on the "logo" deal, I couldn't tell you if it exists or not, and I will NEVER be able to tell you.
    Phil Robertson for President !
    Stripernut American Out! ,,,,,,,lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Know1, nobody forgot anything about the private sector, we( I) are all just sick and tired of the "private sector" catering and pandering to the "hurt my little feelings" groups.
    Another thing I haven't forgot....the definition and intent of freedom of speech includes phrases such as "freedom to express ones beliefs without fear of retribution, alieanation, discrimination etc etc.
    If someone in the workplace began a campaign of slurs and degrading remarks against me for being straight (and just hold your horses its coming) who would stand up for my rights to be straight, heterosexual, married, employed, white male? nobody, absolutely nobody. The reason we don't get any attention is we are too busy working and paying taxes to spend our time complaining and whining and organizing parades.
    Like mark said, its a little close minded for these groups to fight so hard for their beliefs ,but fight so hard to deny us the right to have and express our beliefs.
    I said to my wife last night "oh if there was an all gay channel nobody would say a word for fear of hurting the little feelings". she informed me that there is a "gay channel" , its called "logo" ? she thinks? really?
    wow, and wow. please don't quote me on the "logo" deal, I couldn't tell you if it exists or not, and I will NEVER be able to tell you.
    Phil Robertson for President !
    Stripernut American Out! ,,,,,,,lol
    It's a different situation with a TV show. I'd just about bet if you were the star of a TV show and you did an interview where you bashed straight people (or in any other way alienated a significant portion of your show's audience) you'd likely face ramifications.

Look, I'm the last person to defend gay rights, but I don't see that this situation is really about this.

And I do agree that a lot of these groups only want free speech when it's speech they agree with, but again free speech doesn't have anything to do with employment.