Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake View Lot

Post Thanks / Like

Lake View Lot

I've been looking for a lake view lot, near Ky lake, Weiss lake Al, or somewhere in northern MS. and have found several lots that have a good price on them, but they are in a HOA and the building restrictions, stop me from buying one. the smallest building that can be built on the lots I have looked at are 800 sf. I have a home to dwell in, I don't need a full size house. I would like to find an unrestricted lot with a lake view. to build a small cottage on, for weekends, or to go to for a couple weeks at a time. to fish or to just get away from everything. this little cottage or cabin I have in my head is about 300 sf. and I could totally bring this little cottage alive, it would have a living room, a kitichen, full bath, a good size closet, and a sleeping area in loft above the Kitichen. I have been thinking about this for a while now,and during all this rain, I used the rainy time to build a very small down sized cottage, of the one I would like to build on a lake somewhere. this one is 24" X 16" X 17" high and I built it so I could mount it on a 4x4 post in the yard, and let it be a bird house. and if you have a lot for sale in the areas I spoke of, or know of a lot someone else has, please let me know. here is a couple pictures of the one I built and the full size one would look just like it. I think if you click on the picture it will enlarge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I've been looking for a lake view lot, near Ky lake, Weiss lake Al, or somewhere in northern MS. and have found several lots that have a good price on them, but they are in a HOA and the building restrictions, stop me from buying one. the smallest building that can be built on the lots I have looked at are 800 sf. I have a home to dwell in, I don't need a full size house. I would like to find an unrestricted lot with a lake view. to build a small cottage on, for weekends, or to go to for a couple weeks at a time. to fish or to just get away from everything. this little cottage or cabin I have in my head is about 300 sf. and I could totally bring this little cottage alive, it would have a living room, a kitichen, full bath, a good size closet, and a sleeping area in loft above the Kitichen. I have been thinking about this for a while now,and during all this rain, I used the rainy time to build a very small down sized cottage, of the one I would like to build on a lake somewhere. this one is 24" X 16" X 17" high and I built it so I could mount it on a 4x4 post in the yard, and let it be a bird house. and if you have a lot for sale in the areas I spoke of, or know of a lot someone else has, please let me know. here is a couple pictures of the one I built and the full size one would look just like it. I think if you click on the picture it will enlarge.
    I found some areas on Barkley Lake that have reasonable lots at a "reasonable" price. They have limited restrictions.

Shoot me a Private Message, and I will be glad to share what I have found. The biggest thing with minimal restrictions is that you may build a reasonably priced "nice" place and someone puts a **** hole up next to you.

You need a lake lot or a place already in an established "good" area. That way, the odds are in your favor.

Later,

geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I found some areas on Barkley Lake that have reasonable lots at a "reasonable" price. They have limited restrictions.

Shoot me a Private Message, and I will be glad to share what I have found. The biggest thing with minimal restrictions is that you may build a reasonably priced "nice" place and someone puts a **** hole up next to you.

You need a lake lot or a place already in an established "good" area. That way, the odds are in your favor.

Later,

geo
    thanks Geo, PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Geo, for looking up the lot info for me. do you know the size of the building restrictions for the lots your talking about. the lots I have found, the size restrictions were at least 800 SF and the little cabin I want to build is only 300 SF. I tried to send you a PM last night and it wouldn't go, tried again this morning and my computer said I need to download something called { inboxace } I didn't do it, don't know anything about inboxace. so I can't send a PM right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Thanks Geo, for looking up the lot info for me. do you know the size of the building restrictions for the lots your talking about. the lots I have found, the size restrictions were at least 800 SF and the little cabin I want to build is only 300 SF. I tried to send you a PM last night and it wouldn't go, tried again this morning and my computer said I need to download something called { inboxace } I didn't do it, don't know anything about inboxace. so I can't send a PM right now.
    Shoot an email to Peter (peter@fishin.com) you should not need any software in addition to this site to send a PM. PM's are something that you should be able to send and receive. Hopefully its not one of those **** ads that come up here that is redirecting you.

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, the PM stuff should be accessible on the second level of the main menu at the top of the forum page. Look under "Home" and "Fishing Reports" headings for a "Private Messages" link. Click that. You should be able to see that message that Geo sent you, reply to it, or send a message to any other user here from that area.

You can also send a message by clicking on someone's username in a post and select "Private Message" from the list to send a new message.

Post Thanks / Like
    A response has been sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Shoot an email to Peter (peter@fishin.com) you should not need any software in addition to this site to send a PM. PM's are something that you should be able to send and receive. Hopefully its not one of those **** ads that come up here that is redirecting you.
    thanks APB, I didn't think my computer was sending the message, it kept telling me to download something . but Geo got it and replied back to me.