Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hunting UTV advice....

I am looking for a UTV to use on my 90 acre farm to mostly hunt with. Not interested in hill hopping at all. I do have a couple of teenage boys who would disagree but speed isn't important to me. I plan on using it to haul stands, feeders and feed, put in a couple small food plots etc. I do have steep terrain but will have old logging roads (with some work clearing done) to traverse in and out of the bottoms. What do any of you recommend and what don't you recommend and why?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The Polaris Rangers are a sweet machine but they are pricey. They have some low end models that are affordable and will have everything you want. They are rugged and last with price being the only down fall. Yamaha makes a really dependable 4 wheeler and we have used one now for years hauling gear, people, Big deer ect ect with no problems with it all. Usually the bigger the CC the bigger the machine and you can search a variety of body types. Some are geared more towards ripping and romping while others are for working and hauling and still will be ok to just play on.

Search any of their sites on-line and you can get prices and see for your self what you may or may not want as there is a ton of stuff available out there. Also look for good used ones, you can save a ton that way.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

I have looked at a Polaris Ranger, John Deere Gator and the Kubota. Really don't think I need anything bigger than a 500 or so for what I want. But then again I have zero experience with any of these and am as lost as a teenager on his first car date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cburton View Post
    I have looked at a Polaris Ranger, John Deere Gator and the Kubota. Really don't think I need anything bigger than a 500 or so for what I want. But then again I have zero experience with any of these and am as lost as a teenager on his first car date.
    Your not lost and 500CC is still alot of get up and go. Just remember coming out of the woods with that big racked boy strapped down and maybe a climber stand, a gun, yourself and maybe even a passenger will really tax that Bike, just something to think about. The second guy may have to walk it out is the only thing you may have to sacrifice, no big thing really.