Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get any wind damage?

Because I sure did. Blew about 80% of my privacy fence down, blew my sons trampoline over the fence into the field about 70 yards away and destroyed it, blew open and damaged both sets of doors on my storage building, blew shutters off the house and blew down a tree. In all, probably $6,000 to $7,000 in damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Broke the 4x4's off at ground level on the privacy fence

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Broke the 4x4's off at ground level on the privacy fence
    WOW.

We had some major wind, but I don't think any damage.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate reading this Woody. I don't think we had any at home but man we had some wind and if it didn't rain for 6 months I would be fine with it..

Time to call the insurance man bro.....good luck. Hey Elwood are you still in Georgetown?

Post Thanks / Like
    We had an EF1 tornado go through my neighborhood. It was 100yds wide and went 5.5 miles. You can follow the path it took on the roads, and my neighborhood looks like a war zone. Pretty much every house, including mine, needs a roof or roof repair. HUGE trees uprooted and 1000s of trees snapped or damaged. Blew a building apart over a mile away from my house and i picked up pieces of it in my front yard. It apparently hopped over my house because i have the only bradford pear tree thats still standing for miles. Im just thankful nobody was injured and the damage wasnt worse than it was. I have pictures but its a PIA to post them. They said we had winds in excess of 100mph. I was in my house and dont have a basement, so i rode it out in the hallway. Didn't have time to be scared, it hit without warning and lasted less than a minute. My walls and light fixtures shook like crazy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    We had an EF1 tornado go through my neighborhood. It was 100yds wide and went 5.5 miles. You can follow the path it took on the roads, and my neighborhood looks like a war zone. Pretty much every house, including mine, needs a roof or roof repair. HUGE trees uprooted and 1000s of trees snapped or damaged. Blew a building apart over a mile away from my house and i picked up pieces of it in my front yard. It apparently hopped over my house because i have the only bradford pear tree thats still standing for miles. Im just thankful nobody was injured and the damage wasnt worse than it was. I have pictures but its a PIA to post them. They said we had winds in excess of 100mph. I was in my house and dont have a basement, so i rode it out in the hallway. Didn't have time to be scared, it hit without warning and lasted less than a minute. My walls and light fixtures shook like crazy
    Dang man I'm glad you are ok, I heard about that spin up down there thankful nobody was hurt or killed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark I haven't been in Georgetown since 2009. I live in the outskirts of Frankfort a mile off Exit 48 right off 151

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Hey Mark I haven't been in Georgetown since 2009. I live in the outskirts of Frankfort a mile off Exit 48 right off 151
    Cool I know right where that is...I didn't know you moved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fishin is life the damage you described sounds like it was stronger than an EF1. Glad no one was hurt, did you have any warning at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Fishin is life the damage you described sounds like it was stronger than an EF1. Glad no one was hurt, did you have any warning at all?
    NWS has already concluded their survey and deemed it an EF1. Now they have been wrong in the past but those boys are good at what they do. An EF1 is still a bad customer with peak wind fields at 100mph which can do enormous damage...

Post Thanks / Like
    It was deemed an EF1. They said max wind speeds reached 108. Had a guy in the next neighborhood over that had the back glass in his truck smashed out by a shingle from his neighbors house

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Yes...it was terrible. All my Christams decorations got blown down.
    Attached Images Attached Images