Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

How was your Christmas?

Since I haven't read anything about anyone's Christmas, I thought I would begin the thread by telling you a bit about mine.
    The good part was that I was able to open my eyes, take a deep breath, and drag my aching bones out of the bed. I spent Christmas completely alone (except for my 2 dogs). My choice for the big dinner wasn't baked turkey or ham; it was a big cup of coffee and a sausage biscuit about 11 am. Sweetie Pie only had 2 days off and he would have spent them driving so he spent his holidays alone. My son, Mike, who has a rare form of cancer, was having a bad day so he spent it in bed resting but did have a wonderful Christmas dinner. Liz, who is 17 years old and graduating high school this year will also be finishing her second year of college. She received a $92,000 Presidential College Scholarship. WOW! Now that's what I call a whopper of a Christmas gift. My sister bought a 52" television set at Walmart, Mobile, AL. She paid for it with her credit card. The machine wouldn't work so the clerk asked for the card to manually enter the numbers. At no time did she take her eyes off the card. The next day her Credit Card Co. called her and asked if she charged $458 at another store later that night and she told them that she did not. Later the same day they called her and said that someone had just tried to buy almost $5,000 worth of merchandise with her credit card number and they locked her account down. She said she is going after Walmart and demand that they call the clerk in and fire her in her presence. I don't think I could be that nice about it. Our family has never had such a messed up Christmas as we had this year but we still have so much to be grateful for.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Bug,

Sorry to hear the holidays had some speed bumps for you. But as usual, given your strength, it sounds like you have kept a sense of humor about it.

I think credit card scammers ought have to make restitution to the victim, at 10 times the attempted theft amount. The courts after finding them guilty ought order garnishment until they pay it all back and then some for the audacity of having attempted it. Only bright side is most credit card companies do a good job of relieving victims of the financial burden.

Oh....better penalty......make them continue to work at Walmart as a greeter and make them wear a sign that says "I hate fat people, ugly people, and rednecks, so feel free to slap that crap out of me". Then make them stand right inside the door during the 10 PM till 6 AM shift. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    My oldest daughter and I chilled and cooked bacon, eggs and grits and sat on the floor in front of the tv and ate and talked. We exchanged gifts cleaned up and just chilled around the house. My younger daughter and baby momma are in Florida so we were not together this year.

As far as gifts.....bought myself a Lazy Boy (awesome!!) and a Colt 6920LE...it was what I wanted so I bought it!! Once they get back we will have another Christmas so it's all good. Sarah (oldest) got her iPhone 5S last month so she is getting cash and gift cards. Sloane is still to young so all she likes is ripping paper up and playing with boxes.

Anymore exchanging gifts is a pain in the buttocks so we either do gift cards or just go shopping for what we want. Now when it comes to kids they naturally get gifts and watching them believe in Santa and buy into the whole thing is the best gift of all!