Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Humminbird 899 SI

Just got this unit for Christmas. The mapping is worthless because it doesn’t have anything for KY Lake. It states it is compatible with two versions of Naviotics – Premium Hotmaps and Gold Charts. Is anyone familiar with these versions? The Hotmaps are cheaper because it’s only an East version. Yet, don’t fish anything lower than Dale Hollow. Recommendations?

Secondly, the transducer that comes with this unit only has up to 455khz frequency. Yet, I’m told Hummingbird has a trade in policy to get the upgraded transducer for an extra $90 which will go up to 800khz. Is this worth the extra $’s? I’m far from being an expert in this area, but want to be sure this is worth the extra $’s?

Would really appreciate your expertise.

Thanks and hope your holidays were grand!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Visit Doug Vahrenberg on Utube for need

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE="tgordon6233;526502"]Visit Doug Vahrenberg on UTube for great setup videos. Google the Hummingbird Side Image Forum to get all the information you will ever want or need. Some of the guys that work for Hummingbird answer your questions.

I have a 788 HD DI on my trolling motor and a 898 HD SI on my console. Overwhelming at first, but have learned a lot in the last year. Be sure to register your unit with Hummingbird and take advantage of there great customer service.

The guys on the forum can give advice on transducers, installation and more.

I think Hummingbird owns Lakemaster. I fish Green most of the time so I don't have the software for KY Lake. My friend has it on his and it works fine.

I love my units, but it takes a lot of time on the water to really get to understand the technology and how it works. My 11 year old son would rarely fish with me until I turned him loose with the "Birds." He knows more about them than I do now! I now have a fishing buddy. He puts his Legos and IPad up and takes care of the electronics for me.

TG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tgordon6233 View Post
    Visit Doug Vahrenberg on Utube for need
    \
    He is the goto guy with HB