Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shimano Curado's

Boys I bought me another Christmas present for myself Saturday at Di cks Sporting goods on Shelbyville road I could not resist. A Curado for 97 bucks I thought that was an insane price on that reel as they usually run 160 to 170 dollars. The case shows them at 129.87 but I got to talking with a fellow that works there and they are running some crazy almost silent sales??

They have a 12 and half foot nice Yak down there with all the bells and whistles that is marked down from 599 to 299 but the tag still shows 399. I had to get out of there or the wife was going to be pissed I spent too much. Paired up the Curado with a nice 7 foot St Croix Mojo, it's very light and Sweeeeet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice...killer price.

Every reel in my boat, casting or spinning, is a Shimano. I love'em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    Nice...killer price.

Every reel in my boat, casting or spinning, is a Shimano. I love'em.

Ya know I went in there to buy me another Revo SX and they didn't have any then I saw the Curado and the guy told me the price and I was on it like a Chicken on a June bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Boys I bought me another Christmas present for myself Saturday at Di cks Sporting goods on Shelbyville road I could not resist. A Curado for 97 bucks I thought that was an insane price on that reel as they usually run 160 to 170 dollars. The case shows them at 129.87 but I got to talking with a fellow that works there and they are running some crazy almost silent sales??

They have a 12 and half foot nice Yak down there with all the bells and whistles that is marked down from 599 to 299 but the tag still shows 399. I had to get out of there or the wife was going to be pissed I spent too much. Paired up the Curado with a nice 7 foot St Croix Mojo, it's very light and Sweeeeet.
    That is a great price. I been Shimano since the bantams and red curados. I have tried others and even purchased a few Lews when IMO....they had the best crankbait reel on the market with their BB1N. Recently Im slowly switching over to left handed reels and of course am staying with Shimano. I'm using all White Chronarchs this time so I can easily see what my left handed reels are on the deck at a quick glance. Plenty of nice reels on the market now to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Don I still have some old BB1N that I use, the old Lews ones not the ones Browning ruined when they bought them out. Now Lews is making a come back and are starting to make good reels again. I have an old one with the original V spool I have had it since I was 16 years old and it still works and all I have done to it is replace the pawls on the worm gear several times. Now it sounds rough but I still occasionally pick it and sling it.

My very first handle on this site was Lews SS then the site crashed once and I lost it, Peter tried but could never recover it so I went to just my name, I know how original right, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Shimano reel I've had for 20 plus years, and it still works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    That is a great price. I been Shimano since the bantams and red curados. I have tried others and even purchased a few Lews when IMO....they had the best crankbait reel on the market with their BB1N. Recently Im slowly switching over to left handed reels and of course am staying with Shimano. I'm using all White Chronarchs this time so I can easily see what my left handed reels are on the deck at a quick glance. Plenty of nice reels on the market now to choose from.

That Andrew fella is a bad influence...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    That Andrew fella is such a wonderful person...
    Luv ya too honey

Own a couple of Curados. Picked them up for saltwater use from the yak. Worked well so far. Still like my Abus. What yak did they have on sale. I'm thinking that you need one

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont own anything else. I have a small stockpile of the E series Curados just in case something happens to the 12 or so i have on my rods. The Curado E's and the Chronarch E's are the same reel with a different paint job and price tag. Ive had a few of the G series apart and wasnt impressed with em. So far all of my E series have been pretty bullet proof

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Luv ya too honey

Own a couple of Curados. Picked them up for saltwater use from the yak. Worked well so far. Still like my Abus. What yak did they have on sale. I'm thinking that you need one
    Yea I still love my ABU's as well but for that price I could not pass it up. Ya know Andrew I don't even remember seeing the name. It was a 12.5 feet and a sit on top with all the bells and whistles. Yes I almost pulled the trigger but I already had rung up a healthy check out so I didn't, it's coming though because yes I want one bad...

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to ask for the lower price or is it listed? Usually ****'s doesn't have squat that I want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Do you have to ask for the lower price or is it listed? Usually ****'s doesn't have squat that I want.
    The one on Shelbyville road is pretty good actually. I asked as the price in the case said 129.97 and the fellow told me about the sale. Is it listed as such now......I don't know???