Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

There are days when is ***** to be me

Been sick since before Christmas. It has all come to a head. Pneumonia -check got it. Flu - check got it. Bronchitis - ch
    eck got it. Pluracy - check got it. Been onn antibiotics for 1 weeks now and they keep shoving them in. If I had a dollar for EVERYTIME I blew my nose since Christmas I would have a New Ranger to fish out of this year

Post Thanks / Like
    That does ****. What antibiotics work on you? I mean you have taken so many and we always hear of that being an issue and them becoming non-effective when dealing with assorted illnesses after taking so many types. I also remember you needing some type of super strong one last year as well......Hope you get to feeling better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you get feeling better. Unfortunately for me I'm somehow allergic to most antibiotics. There's only a couple kinds I can have so when I get sick they have to find me alternative antibiotics

Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes sent man

Post Thanks / Like

Antibiotics don't work for the Flu VIRUS

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Been sick since before Christmas. It has all come to a head. Pneumonia -check got it. Flu - check got it. Bronchitis - ch
    eck got it. Pluracy - check got it. Been on antibiotics for 1 weeks now and they keep shoving them in. If I had a dollar for EVERY TIME I blew my nose since Christmas I would have a New Ranger to fish out of this year
    Antibiotics only kill bacteria and these days due to the OVER use of antibiotic by many people (farmers feeding antibiotic routinely to their cows and other live stock) a lot of the different bacteria have become Immune to most antibiotics. We are very close to developing new strains of bacteria (Evolution in action) that none of our current antibiotic will kill some of the new mutated bacteria.

You probably have the flu and it has to run it's course. Now if you have a secondary bacterial infection which is what the definition of Pneumonia is then you are hopefully taking the right type of antibiotics which will kill the germs giving you the Pneumonia.

I had a really bad bacterial infection when I had open heart surgery. Normally people get out of the hospital a few days after their open heart operation and are sent home in a few days to recover.

They kept me in INTENSIVE CARE for 11 days today and I spent a total of 38 days in the Hospital. I was there 7 days before my operation getting two shots a day of a blood thinner that left silver dollar sized blood blisters under my skin. The only place they can give you those shots is in the stomach area. So my stomach looked like one giant blood blister after 7 days. After my operation they cut holes into my abdomen and chest to put in drain tubes. They held those tubes on my body with silk tape. When it was time to remove the chest tubes in the Intensive care unit they ripped about three layers of skin on my stomach area because they put the tape over a blood blistered area. Then the stupid Doctor's assistant had the NERVE to write on his report that I was allergic to "Silk Tape" No I was allergic to those stupid **** blood thinner shots. I had no respect for that SOB from that point on. If I had not been so sock I would have busted his chops a few times during my stay. I never meet someone so callus and self absorbed than him.

Anyway they told me that I had a high white blood cell count and I was told that they had to send the blood samples out to a Pathologist to figure out what type of bacteria I had. And then I deducted that I has MSRA from the type of antibiotic that gave to me for Two WEEKS STRAIGHT. I was getting some of the most Powerful Antibiotics that they had left that would kill the MRSA bacteria. And I had to take Two Different and VERY EXPENSIVE antibiotic every few hours by IV therapy. I had a central line going directly into the veins going into my heart. So the antibiotics were being pumped right into my biggest vein in the body and it took them two whole weeks to kill all the Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria in my heart. I had a value repair and a maze procedure along with quadruple bypass surgery. I was very sick and almost died due to the bacterial infection. I am very lucky to still be here today.

I hope you get better as I know how tough it can be when you get that sick.

I probably still have some of those little buggers in me today but they are now under control as my body's immune system is much better now compared to after my operation when my heart muscle was so weak. You know it takes a while for the diaphragm muscle to get back in shape after it's stopped for 8 hours of surgery while you are on heat lung bypass machines. After the operation and while in the hospital and even after you get back home you have to breath into a little breathing machine that offers resistance to the inflow of air so as to build your lung muscles back up in strength. IE you have to strengthen your diaphragm muscles back up again. And that's really hard to do. I had to have breathing treatments twice a day for a long time while in the hospital. The day before I was discharged they stuck a long needle though my back into the back of my left lung and with drew 1.5 liters of bloody fluid. I saw the bottle filling up with that bloody red fluid as they withdrew it from my lung. I had fluid on the lungs and could barely breath for a month. Not until after that Thoracentisis procedure did I finally get to breath and not feel like I was drowning in my own fluids. But the very next day or a few hours after the procedure I felt the pain. All that fluid has been removed form the Plural Sac that surrounds the lungs and lubricates them as they slide against the inside of the chest cavity. I took a day or so for those fluids to fill my plural sac back up and lubricate the lung again. So every breath was filled with excruciating pain as if someone was sticking you in the back with a knife. I never want to have to go through that again.

If you smoke stop right now. Because if you continue to smoke you will someday go though what I went though about 5 years ago this coming March. And I would not wish that on anyone. I smoked cigarette for about 25 years and regret it now. It will take years off your life and it's just not worth it. But you just can't tell that to someone who's addicted to Nicotine. **** those tobacco company CEO's. IMHO they lied to congress right though their store bought teeth. If I had my way they would all be hung in the public square for mass poisoning people by getting them hook on nicotine in their stupid cigarettes. ahhhagg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    That does ****. What antibiotics work on you? I mean you have taken so many and we always hear of that being an issue and them becoming non-effective when dealing with assorted illnesses after taking so many types. I also remember you needing some type of super strong one last year as well......Hope you get to feeling better!
    Tigercycline was the name that I was looking for last year to kill my staph infection.

Post Thanks / Like

Antibiotics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levofloxacin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancomycin

Do these names sound familiar to anyone? I'm pretty sure that these are what they gave to me when I had a really bad bacterial Infection while in the Hospital a few years back. The first one is used to kill the MRSA type bacteria that's resistant to Methycillin based antibiotics. MRSA stands for methacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levofloxacin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancomycin

Do these names sound familiar to anyone? I'm pretty sure that these are what they gave to me when I had a really bad bacterial Infection while in the Hospital a few years back. The first one is used to kill the MRSA type bacteria that's resistant to Methycillin based antibiotics. MRSA stands for methacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA

Levofloxacin, Tamiflu and Z-Pack are what they have me on to fight all of this plus an inhaler and breathing treatments. They also put in a chest tube, very enjoyable these things are, and drained almost a litre and a half off my lungs. This was my 4th different chest tube in my life and they are a perfect 4 for 4 in the pain category. Nothing like them shoving the monster sewing needle thru your shoulder blade to pierce the back side of your lung for enjoyment.

I'm allergic to Vancomycin, had enough Clendomycin in my life that I became immune to it so its Tigercycline or bust for me when MRSA, Pseudomonious or Cellulitis decides to show itself, usually after a surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z-pack = amoxicillin of the 2000's. When they first came out they killed some bacteria. Nowadays after years of over-prescribing, not so much. I always joke with some of my patients about seeing the brighter side: "look at it this way, at least the doctor feels your condition is not terminal because he only prescribed you a z-pack".

Elnut is your allergy to vancomycin a true allergy or did they try to infuse it too fast the first time you got it? That ***** to be allergic to vancomycin and prone to MRSA infections. They ever try Zyvox (linezolid) on you for MRSA? Very pricey but an option nonetheless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Z-pack = amoxicillin of the 2000's. When they first came out they killed some bacteria. Nowadays after years of over-prescribing, not so much. I always joke with some of my patients about seeing the brighter side: "look at it this way, at least the doctor feels your condition is not terminal because he only prescribed you a z-pack".

Elnut is your allergy to vancomycin a true allergy or did they try to infuse it too fast the first time you got it? That ***** to be allergic to vancomycin and prone to MRSA infections. They ever try Zyvox (linezolid) on you for MRSA? Very pricey but an option nonetheless.
    I am truly allergic to Vanco. I broke out in hives, blood pressure went thru the roof and oxygen levels would not get above 90. That's why they went to Clendo until it would not kill any of the Staph Infections I would get after surgery. Which is why its Tigercycline or death. Not sure about Zyvox

Post Thanks / Like
    I had bronchitis and developed pleurisy 3 years ago and it was no fun at all. I can't imagine it combined with other things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post

Yea I remember when they gave me the Lasix on time as a bolus. They have to push it into me over a period of a few minutes as the infuser thing was broken. So they had to do that by hand.

All the other IV stuff they used an infusion machine and gave it to me over a period of several hours. Of course one time the Nurse could not get the infusion machine to program for 2 hours so she had to 1/2 the regular dose and give it to me for 4 hours. That kept me tied to the IV for 4 long hours. If I was forced to go walk the halls I had to drag the IV pole beside me. And the wheels on the IV pole were rusted and the bearings were all shot so the wheels didn't turn right. They would mope around the IV pole's wheels and get mop threads wrapped around the wheels and that would stop the wheels from turning. If you have ever been to Wal-mart and tried to push a shopping cart that had bad wheels or dirt and other thread like material wrapped around the wheel's axle you know that I'm talking about.

My family doctor prescribed Amoxicillin to me for an ulcer ( bacteria Heilobactor pyloric ) cause ulcers and that can lead to acid reflux. I took the Amoxicillin pills and some Tetracycline pills and got violently sick soon afterward. I had stuff coming out both ends. So later I tried taking just one of those two at a time and each one taken separately gave me the squirts and the pucks. I mean without 30 minutes I was puking guts out and had the runs.

So if they ask me if I'm allergic to any thing I tell them those two antibiotics won't work on me. Too bad as they are less expensive than some of the other antibiotics.