Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jan 19th the last day of duck hunting season

I drove over to Bluegrass F&W area today and noticed that Jan 19 2014 was listed at the last day of duck season.

I'm sure it said the 19th of Jan. But I'm only pretty sure it said ducks.

But I wonder if they are still hunting Geese after Jan 19th this winter?

I wish that they would be more specific. I saw where 4 or 5 guys signed in to hunt waterfowl on the 18th. That was Saturday Morning. I didn't see where anyone signed in today 19th Jan to hunt waterfowl.

I guess Deer Huning is over but am not sure about that. They didn't have any Blue/green sign in sheets in the box and there was a note about Warrick County not having a bonus season or something.

The Porta Pottie is still damaged and has not been replaced or fixed. I would think that the company that provides this device would come get it and put a new one in it's place. I would hate to use that thing with the door not working right. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    when will the fishing be open

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's open now but better check with HQ 1st

I'd recommend that you call Sugar Ridge and ask to talk to the Property Manager and find out if we can fish at Bluegrass's pits yet. I'm thinking that we can but I'm not for sure. I'm not sure about the Goose Season dates. The sign at the Information sign says that the 19th was the last day of duck season. So I'm guessing that waterfowl hunting is over. And that's the reason why they close the lakes to fishing. So that they can shoot ducks and not shoot the fishermen.

I'd say that is' a go. But the ice is going to have to melt as there are some sheets of thin ice still on the water.

I was out there tonight and the water is rushing though the pipe under Euler Road on the West side of Otter Pit's little Lagoon. It was pretty loud. I was parked by the small canal that runs between the big water of Otter Pit and that little lake on the West side of Otter and East of Euler Rd. So the lake is full and dropping.

We are suppose to get some snow tonight after midnight. At 11:45 last night it started raining. I was heading home from White Castle and going down Morgan Ave HWY 62 and it started to rain on the windshield. So the weather man was pretty good on their rain/snow fall prediction starting around midnight.

It's almost 1am now and I'm wired and can't sleep. I drank a couple cups of regular coffee today and probably should have stuck to the Decaf. But I had a long day and got a lot done. I'm not suppose to drink coffee with caffeine in it but everyone so often I mix some decaf instant coffee with some regular instant coffee and make a thermos to take on the road with me. I went out of town to shoot my rifle and do some hunting today and this evening. I found out that my tendinitis in my right elbow is debilitating. It hurt with any movement. I can't even hold anything heavy in my right hand without pain in my right elbow these past few days. I must have aggravated and old tennis elbow injury. I'm going to apply ice/heat treatment and put a Band around the elbow to hold the tendons in place better. I hope it works as the that's what the Doctor told me to do. An Ace Tennis Elbow thing worn for a week or two on the Elbow might do the trick and help it heal. I sure hope it works. I was in a lot of pain today.

Quote Originally Posted by fishassasin View Post
    when will the fishing be open