Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Times & KY River Access Improvement/Stocking

Not everyone gets Bass Times so I thought I'd share some info. The KY River at Gratz now has a 14' wide ramp and parking available for 16 trucks with trailers. Also pools 4 & 9 were stocked with 5" largemouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never fished that part of the river,what is the average depth and how far can you travel from that ramp on the river

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F16ENGMGR View Post
    Not everyone gets Bass Times so I thought I'd share some info. The KY River at Gratz now has a 14' wide ramp and parking available for 16 trucks with trailers. Also pools 4 & 9 were stocked with 5" largemouth.
    When you say pool #4, is that below lock #4 or above lock#4??????

Post Thanks / Like
    That is above lock and dam #4.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can travel about a mile up river to the lock and dam #2 and down river to lock #1 about 20 miles or so. I fish this pool a lot and is some great fishing. The average depth is 18 to 20 feet with a lot of 30 to 40 foot places along the way. Several creeks that can be fished by boat. Very little boat traffic there.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Hey kyriverblues,you ever sauger fish under that dam or is it even possible. Got to find something closer to home,a2.5 hour drive to wolf creek below Cumberland gets expensive and that's 5 hours I could be fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I catch a lot of sauger below the dam. the size is small with a few good fish. I even catch a walleye sometimes and they are usually 4 to 5 lbs. I catch them on small jigs or live minnows. the water can be rough at time but I live 8 miles from the dam so fell free to email me when you want to come and I will tell you if the water is low enough to fish safely. dustinradams@Hotmail.com. we also catch 3 to 5 lb largemouth and some 3lb smallmouth every now and then. If you want know more email me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which pool is #4?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyriverblues View Post
    Yes I catch a lot of sauger below the dam. the size is small with a few good fish. I even catch a walleye sometimes and they are usually 4 to 5 lbs. I catch them on small jigs or live minnows. the water can be rough at time but I live 8 miles from the dam so fell free to email me when you want to come and I will tell you if the water is low enough to fish safely. dustinradams@Hotmail.com. we also catch 3 to 5 lb largemouth and some 3lb smallmouth every now and then. If you want know more email me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk.
    How about Musky? I heard they were doing real well in that stretch of water. Also, is there anywhere close to buy minnows?????

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine caught a musky a few years back but I have never caught on there. there is not any place to buy minnows there. The nearest place is West End Sports in Eminence. It is about 15 miles from the dam.