Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Ice Fishing Lake Erie.

Has any one been on the ice for perch??? A friend of mine is from Erie, and he's trying to twist my arm. Says there's a shanty with heat, seats, tv, beer and whiskey, good hotwings(cuz they don't exist south of PA), and good fishing! It's on my list. Okay I just talked myself into it!!!!! Just wondering if any of you guys had any experience, sage wisdom, etc.....

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake Erie , beer and perch or walleye. What could go wrong? DO you need any help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyemaniac View Post
    Has any one been on the ice for perch??? A friend of mine is from Erie, and he's trying to twist my arm. Says there's a shanty with heat, seats, tv, beer and whiskey, good hotwings(cuz they don't exist south of PA), and good fishing! It's on my list. Okay I just talked myself into it!!!!! Just wondering if any of you guys had any experience, sage wisdom, etc.....

Thanks
    The ice fishing in Erie is rocking right now some really good walleye and perch coming through the ice, more walleye than perch. A good friend of mine Mike Patterson is a guide up there and it's amazing how many people flock to there when the ice is set enough. Its a good time and not as cold as it seems especially if he has a shanny.
    You should try it, it's a lot of fun, I will be up there in 2 weeks. He has a lot of customers that don't go in the summer but only go during the ice, northerners love ice fishing.
    Gillespie just did a show with him last week. You can take a look

http://www.gillespiefishing.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I got to ice fish on Erie before moving south it was -18 degrees and I drilled through 24" of ice. Caught a limit of hand-sized bluegill and some nice crappie without changing location. Ice fishing can be a lot of fun. I miss it...at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ice fishing is the best fishing there is. Period. Once you go you will be hooked. I fish about 10 days a year on the ice and it is all I think about.

Just think you can fish all of your favorite spots or hard to reach places you see on a map VERTICALLY with pinpoint spot location.

God I miss it. My family is participating in Tip Up Town in Channing, MI this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you say Walleye?

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINHALL View Post
    The ice fishing in Erie is rocking right now some really good walleye and perch coming through the ice, more walleye than perch. A good friend of mine Mike Patterson is a guide up there and it's amazing how many people flock to there when the ice is set enough. Its a good time and not as cold as it seems especially if he has a shanny.
    You should try it, it's a lot of fun, I will be up there in 2 weeks. He has a lot of customers that don't go in the summer but only go during the ice, northerners love ice fishing.
    Gillespie just did a show with him last week. You can take a look

http://www.gillespiefishing.com/
    You may have noticed, but I'm a Maniac for walleye. I'm going!!!! My bud'ro mainly goes for perch, has something to do where they set up they're shanties, occasionally yank an eye up though. Did I say I'm going???

Post Thanks / Like

So if there was any doubt, it has dissolved away!

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm gonna go!!!!!! Now, how bout some advice on how to break the news to the wifey!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    She always wanted a place on the great lakes right? Tell her your scouting for her dream cabin, just dont be this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6PudFChsS4