Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River Level at Newburgh, IN

The Ohio River is at around 15 ft at Newburgh right now. Flood stage at Newburgh in 38 ft.

So I'm wondering if anyone has fished the Ohio River in this area for Sauger? Any one having any luck or what's going on here?

Post Thanks / Like
    I went out this evening below the Cannelton locks and didnt catch any. the water looked really good though. that being said it was the first time i have ever been sauger fishing. I was using a jighead with a white curly tail grub. If anyone has any tips feel free to post!

Post Thanks / Like

Try fishing the mouth of those creeks up

If I lived up there I'd try fishing the mouth of some of those creeks up there where you live. If you can get past the stupid carp that are up there. I've seen pictures of some of the guys up there bow fishing for those carp. They get huge

I wish I knew more about fishing the river current so that I could help you.

Maybe someone else will chime in and help us both out with some good solid HOW To Information.

I'm all ears!

I'm keeping busy hunting this winter. Got some new EOTECH stuff last week and went up to Arthur to sight the thing in. Worked pretty good. I'm excited to find a new hobby.

If anyone within a 75 mile range of Evansville has a coyote problem send me a PM and maybe we can work out a way to get ride of them.

Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I went out this evening below the Cannelton locks and didnt catch any. the water looked really good though. that being said it was the first time i have ever been sauger fishing. I was using a jighead with a white curly tail grub. If anyone has any tips feel free to post!