Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

another possible delay

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Sen. Rand Paul today issued the following statement in reaction to the Army Corps of Engineers’ announcement that the presence of the duskytail darter in the headwaters of Lake Cumberland might keep the lake from rising to its traditional level:

“Kentuckians are being asked to suffer through yet another absurd ordeal at the hands of the federal government. Lake Cumberland businesses, families and visitors have waited seven years for a return to normalcy, and federal agencies are now saying we'll probably have to wait even longer. Any delay is obnoxious and I would hope federal authorities would recognize the negative impact.”

“I have introduced legislation that would let us avoid problems like these altogether. The Endangered Species Management Self-Determination Act would give Kentucky the power to regulate all of our endangered species and also give Congress the ability to review the process of naming endangered species.”

Sens. Paul, Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Rep. Mark Amodei (R-Nev.) introduced the Endangered Species Management Self-Determination Act in Nov. 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

Endangered fish may delay/prevent raising Cumberla

The Corps of Engineers is trying to determine if the water level should be raised this summer and it does not sound good. An endangered fish by the name of The Duskytail Darter is the issue. The fish has been found in the headwaters of Lake Cumberland but some say they have been there for years.

This smells "fishy" to me at first glance.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/29/3...d-in-lake.html

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/29/3...s-raising.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks cast-a-way I did not see your post until after I made mine. Actually I made mine inn the wrong forum and moved it here.

Post Thanks / Like

pick an chose

Quote Originally Posted by cast-a-way View Post
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – Sen. Rand Paul today issued the following statement in reaction to the Army Corps of Engineers’ announcement that the presence of the duskytail darter in the headwaters of Lake Cumberland might keep the lake from rising to its traditional level:

“Kentuckians are being asked to suffer through yet another absurd ordeal at the hands of the federal government. Lake Cumberland businesses, families and visitors have waited seven years for a return to normalcy, and federal agencies are now saying we'll probably have to wait even longer. Any delay is obnoxious and I would hope federal authorities would recognize the negative impact.”

“I have introduced legislation that would let us avoid problems like these altogether. The Endangered Species Management Self-Determination Act would give Kentucky the power to regulate all of our endangered species and also give Congress the ability to review the process of naming endangered species.”

Sens. Paul, Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Rep. Mark Amodei (R-Nev.) introduced the Endangered Species Management Self-Determination Act in Nov. 2013.
    so the snail darter is the precious bait fish they chose to salvage what about all the spawning seasons another week or 2 would save. Do they defer to our game fish needs at spawning time, not hardly they continue to hold water back or pull the plug with out any disregard to the success of the spawn. I find it hard to believe its a snail darter but its a handy excuse, causing the delay.
    If you have ever spoken to the Corps representive , I promise you they will remind you there first responsibility is flood control and fish/wildlife has little concern
    I live near the Cumberland river and it was reported weeks & weeks back there is an issue with the work, thus a major delay,,,,, um now snail darter is the issue