Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of all the rods I have I find myself reaching more for my Powell Rods. Model 703C m/hvy can throw anything from un weighted senkos to a buzzbait.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best rod I've ever laid my hands on is the G-Loomis NRX 7'1" M (NRX 852S JWR G) spinning rod!! period!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is all good information. I will likely be buying a new rod soon. These reviews will help narrow my search down.

My newer rods are Abu veritas. When i first received them I was impressed with how lite they were. However, they seem to be a lot more stiff than I like. And, my freind and I have snapped a few. So, I'm looking to go a different direction.

I've also read about 13 rods. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Ive been through about all of em. Best bang for the buck and warranty was the best shimano you can afford. The crucials feel dead to me after using some higher end stuff, but the cumaras were really nice. My biggest gripe on them was their lack of selection in length/action so i sold most of them but still have a few. I picked up a dobyns champion extreme for jigs and i now have 5 and will continue to add more. Best feel/balance ive had in a rod. Duckett Micro Magics are also very good rods for the money. I think loomis rods are overpriced for what they are, an i still have a few. They are nice rods and worth what you can get them for used. Heard a lot of good things about the 13 rods, but havent tried one
    Second on the Dobyns

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big fan of the Carbonlite rods from Bass Pro. They do run a little stiff so I would recommend handling one in person before buying it. They are really sensitive and light. An added bonus is that Bass Pro has them on sale during their spring classic. That discount plus their rod trade in offer means that you can get one for pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    The best rod I've ever laid my hands on is the G-Loomis NRX 7'1" M (NRX 852S JWR G) spinning rod!! period!
    At 500 a pop.........it better be........no way no how am I EVER paying that much, and definitely not to gLoomis who won't even honor their "old" expediter policies.

I'm sorry, but I purchased exclusively from gLoomis for years, but the changes to their return policy priced them out of my range. If I break or damage a rod that has a lifetime warranty, that is EXACTLY what it means ........Lifetime. NOT lifetime with a $100.00 charge.

They sure do feel good though .

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite trolling rod is a $15 the Sturdy Stick, a solid fiberglass rod with a $450 Shimano 12v electric reel attached, nothing like landing a big Muskie, pike or huge walleye or lake trout from the depths...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    At 500 a pop.........it better be........no way no how am I EVER paying that much, and definitely not to gLoomis who won't even honor their "old" expediter policies.

I'm sorry, but I purchased exclusively from gLoomis for years, but the changes to their return policy priced them out of my range. If I break or damage a rod that has a lifetime warranty, that is EXACTLY what it means ........Lifetime. NOT lifetime with a $100.00 charge.

They sure do feel good though .

Later,

Geo
    I broke two GLX rods last year on the account of me being a bonehead and had them replaced for only shipping charges ($45 total shipping)....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I broke two GLX rods last year on the account of me being a bonehead and had them replaced for only shipping charges ($45 total shipping)....
    I guess it depends on who you get......I've been told without a receipt NO GO......

I will have to look into that, because I have 2 gLoomis rods that I don't want to pay their prices for.

Did you simply ship them back to gLoomis using the standard warranty process on their website? And did you have to provide proof of purchase?

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Abu Garcia viratos rods I have 2 spinning rods one winch casting rod and 2 casting rods..I have used falcon rods they are ok.I've used several different bps rods and they arnt bad rods for the price and they are durable. I've used kistler rods and they are pretty sensitive but the guide's break off easy or the rubber piece on the inside of the guide pop out and I'm slowly replacing all my rods to the varitos I like them and the price dont break the bank. I broke the tips off of 2 of them but they was my fault all I had to do was take a picture of the rods send them in an email and pay 15 bucks for both rods and they sent me 2 brand new rods no questions asked... I just got 2 new abu villain rods one spinning and one casting but haven't used them yet but they feel even better then the varitos rods so we will see..hope this helps..

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it depends on who you get......I've been told without a receipt NO GO......

I will have to look into that, because I have 2 gLoomis rods that I don't want to pay their prices for.

Did you simply ship them back to gLoomis using the standard warranty process on their website? And did you have to provide proof of purchase?

Later,

Geo
    Why not just register the rod online when you buy it? That should take the receipt out of the picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Later,

Geo
    I just take my rod to Backwater Outfitters in Lexington and they ship it back for me no questions asked! when they get the new rod back from Loomis they give you a call and its $45 shipping per rod....ends up being $22.50 shipping each way.