Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

electronics help

i have bought a boat and the electronics are really out dated. looking to upgrade but i have been reading online about different ones and cant make a decision. I do alot of bass fishing and would like something to where i can see detailed structure under water and see ledges and drop offs and a unit that has GPS as well. just looking to get peoples opinion on what would be the best bang for the buck. doesnt matter brand humminbird or lowrance. model name or number would be awesome too. thanks for all the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonlawnservice View Post
    i have bought a boat and the electronics are really out dated. looking to upgrade but i have been reading online about different ones and cant make a decision. I do alot of bass fishing and would like something to where i can see detailed structure under water and see ledges and drop offs and a unit that has GPS as well. just looking to get peoples opinion on what would be the best bang for the buck. doesnt matter brand humminbird or lowrance. model name or number would be awesome too. thanks for all the help
    Hummingbird seem to be a little easier to setup. Lowrance in the lower end of the product spectrum seem to be cheaper.

I personally have hummingbird finders. I have a 581hd up front and a 788hd in the back.. Both are GPS and both have a navionics map that I put in them.

There are some newer hummingbird units that came on the market last year, that are pretty price competitive.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    This seems like a hell of a deal too though

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...ternal-Antenna

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Hummingbird. The bigger the better as far as screen goes. I have a 898 HD SI and a 788 HD DI. H-Bird has great customer service and webpage.

The Hummingbird Side Image forum is a great place to learning everything from install, updates and use.

Whatever you get, leave the rods home and spend a day or two on the water learning how to use them. UTube has many H-Bird videos. I'm sure Lowrance folks have similar support.

TG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tgordon6233 View Post
    I use Hummingbird. The bigger the better as far as screen goes. I have a 898 HD SI and a 788 HD DI. H-Bird has great customer service and webpage.

The Hummingbird Side Image forum is a great place to learning everything from install, updates and use.

Whatever you get, leave the rods home and spend a day or two on the water learning how to use them. UTube has many H-Bird videos. I'm sure Lowrance folks have similar support.

TG
    I use a Lowrance HDS touch unit and the technology is amazing. With that being said you can find some killer deals on the HDS Gen 2 units since many are upgrading now. Check out www.bbcboards.net to learn more. There's a great electronics section to learn about different units as well as a swap/sell forum.