Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any Laurel report?

I am thinking about going to Laurel either Sun or Mon and I was wondering if anybody has been. Mainly wanting an accurate water temp report.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from Laurel and, as usual, not a fish. I have fished for many years off and on, and Laurel is the only lake I fish, for the most part. In years past I could catch a few fish, at least enough to keep me interested, nothing that I would consider big, maybe three pound at the most. That's not bad by my standards.

I'm almost to the point of selling out...it's just not worth it. I usually fish by myself so, I don't like to travel too far from home by myself and the expense that goes along with it. I hear some big stories about all the fish taken from Laurel but, I just don't understand all I know about that. I guess I don't fish it enough to learn...looks like after nearly 40 years I would have learned a little.

By the way, the surface temp was 44 to 48 degree. I got on here to see if anyone was catching anything myself...I know I sure ain't.

Post Thanks / Like
    48 degree water, clear, a Brownfish or two swimming .....you are taking only 1 rod aren't you John?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will probably take a couple rods but there is one that you can bet will be in my hand first thing and if the fish bite it will be the only one I take our of the rod box. The best day for numbers of big fish that I have ever had was about this time a few years ago all on the fly. Best 5 were over 20lbs and I didn't have a net man. When you hook 5+ pound smallmouth by yourself you ask for a lot of help from the man upstairs. The funny thing is that I asked everybody I knew if they wanted to go and nobody would. After I got home that day and started showing pics of the fish I had caught all of the sudden everybody had time to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    took 20 pounds to win last sunday. and 16 pounds with the smallmouth to get third. was some really good sacks brought in for this time of year

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEMALL View Post
    I will probably take a couple rods but there is one that you can bet will be in my hand first thing and if the fish bite it will be the only one I take our of the rod box. The best day for numbers of big fish that I have ever had was about this time a few years ago all on the fly. Best 5 were over 20lbs and I didn't have a net man. When you hook 5+ pound smallmouth by yourself you ask for a lot of help from the man upstairs. The funny thing is that I asked everybody I knew if they wanted to go and nobody would. After I got home that day and started showing pics of the fish I had caught all of the sudden everybody had time to go.

Details man...details...