Search Fishin.com

Thread: Patoka on 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka on 3/11

I did not see any ice except on some rock on the bank. Water was 44 degrees on main lake and it got to 47 degrees back in Little Patoka. Water was a little stained with the wind and runoff I assume.

Caught 2 back in Little Patoka on rock banks over grass in about 8 feet of water. Caught both on Shad Rap sloooow retrieve over the grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka 3/11

Quote Originally Posted by Atomdata View Post
    I did not see any ice except on some rock on the bank. Water was 44 degrees on main lake and it got to 47 degrees back in Little Patoka. Water was a little stained with the wind and runoff I assume.

Caught 2 back in Little Patoka on rock banks over grass in about 8 feet of water. Caught both on Shad Rap sloooow retrieve over the grass.
    I fished Patoka yesterday as well. Had 8 hook-ups all on jerkbait. Got 6 in the boat 5 of which were keepers the other was a 13 incher. The 5 keepers were around 14 pounds. Water temps were from 39 to 44 degrees. Fish were in 4 - 6 feet of water around patches of weeds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang Flippin!! i should have went with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippintube View Post
    I fished Patoka yesterday as well. Had 8 hook-ups all on jerkbait. Got 6 in the boat 5 of which were keepers the other was a 13 incher. The 5 keepers were around 14 pounds. Water temps were from 39 to 44 degrees. Fish were in 4 - 6 feet of water around patches of weeds.

Were you on main lake or in the river? What was the clarity of the water? Heading up there next week for a few days. I haven't been on the lake in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Were you on main lake or in the river? What was the clarity of the water? Heading up there next week for a few days. I haven't been on the lake in a long time.
    Water was basicly clear just a little green cast but you could see down 2.5 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

never been on patoka

new to Indiana...what are good banks to look for on Patoka...no need for specifics just a general idea of what I should try...going next week

Post Thanks / Like

?

Not sure what you mean by good banks. Are you fishing from a boat or the bank? If from the bank there are some areas along the roadside that have fishing access. If you have a boat and are fishing for bass or crappie then look for the warmer water. That will be found on the Northern Most Banks with the longest Southern Exposure to the sun. Shallow flats with dark bottom heat up faster than the rest. North, Dark Bottom and Shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    new to Indiana...what are good banks to look for on Patoka...no need for specifics just a general idea of what I should try...going next week