Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville lake spillway

anyone done any white bass fishing below the dam at taylorsville? seems like they should be biting by now

Post Thanks / Like
    I catch a lot of hybrids and whites down there. Nothing to ever brag about but you can catch 20 of em on a good day but they'll be on average 10 inches and less.As of right now it's still a little early so not of a lot of action but if I was you I wouldn't fool with the tailwaters if your wanting keepers. I'd head up the river near goodnight bridge and the rock quarry for more quality fish.

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen many good fish

The whitebass and hybrids are pressured below the dam. fish night when everyone else leaves an goes home. the whitebass run kingfisher is over rated however fun if you are in the area. Nolin is the best and this year its on. Herrington is another awesome place. Kingfisher I was told you came to Nolin what is your say on the white compared to the ones in taylorsville

Post Thanks / Like
    When the redbud trees are blooming the white bass will be running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by findincrappie View Post
    The whitebass and hybrids are pressured below the dam. fish night when everyone else leaves an goes home. the whitebass run kingfisher is over rated however fun if you are in the area. Nolin is the best and this year its on. Herrington is another awesome place. Kingfisher I was told you came to Nolin what is your say on the white compared to the ones in taylorsville
    Nolin hands down has a much better run! Quality of fish, water and action blow the salt river away. I could catch 20 whites at Tville and have 3 keepers as compared to nolin each fish I catch is a keeper. I'll be down there for the nolin run at broadford. And maybe spend a day or 2 playing at Tville just because it's closer. And right you are about the pressure at the tailwaters. Night time is about your best shot at quality fishing down there

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys have anymore info about catching the whites at Nolin, like where and when? Is it better to fish from boat or bank? I bass fish primarily but accidentally stumbled across a school of whites a few summers back and had a blast. It was a luck of the draw thing but would love to get back down there and try to get on them. Ill take any free advice you guys are willing to share. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsniper05 View Post
    Do you guys have anymore info about catching the whites at Nolin, like where and when? Is it better to fish from boat or bank? I bass fish primarily but accidentally stumbled across a school of whites a few summers back and had a blast. It was a luck of the draw thing but would love to get back down there and try to get on them. Ill take any free advice you guys are willing to share. Thanks.
    I'm always willing to share info. As far as nolin goes it's kind of a word of mouth thing to find out when they're running. I like fishing the bank for them just because the river can be dangerous (easy way to mess your boat up if your unfamiliar with the water) the location I start at is the broadford bridge and walk down the banks. Normally if your all by yourself with no other folks around your in the wrong area. But if you can get down there at the right time it's a blast. I'm thinking that it might be a late spawn run but I guess only water temps and water conditions are the real deciding factors.

Post Thanks / Like

nolin

the whitebass will run very soon. The water tempts are starting to come up. Have yet been down there when I get in on the schools ill post on here i promise. theres plenty to go around. I throw three baits for them. white rooster tail, bobber an jig, and small curly tails. I fish the creek mouth an cut banks. they can be in the middle of the river or next to the bank. for more details on them send me a message or a text 12702871249. Im goin be hitting the river soon. tonight im goin below nolin river lake tail waters might get a good chance on some whites there in the moring. I love second shift because honestly have the morings an nights to fish. an boat is goin be a challenge i was at wax an its not good with the water down. theres no way to run up in the river. bacon creek is a great place to put in a small boat however i did see plenty of bigger boats come up river to where the fish were but once the fish came thourgh the riffles i dont think its possible to follow them without carrying the boat about 200 yards in four foot plus flowing water. however if your not around this area watch my updates ill not be greedy an hopefully ill see you out there. I might be wet an muddy however i will go the extra step to catch my limit lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the white bass run at nolin is way better. I've been fishing that river since i was a little kid with my dad. although I mostly fish for walleye there I never turn down a good mess of whites.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate your responses in regards to the Whites at Nolin. I think I definitely see myself headed that way in the upcoming week(s). Thanks and I will be looking for your posts on here and will post back myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is the sauger fishing now and when is the best time ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well they are supposed to be there this time of year but as far as i know nobodys caught any. I typically do better in march and april. Fish and wildlife no longer stock them down there so i believe the numbers of fish down there is going to be low