Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Falls of the Ohio

Hows it going? I am new to the area and plan on going to fish the Falls tomorrow afternoon. The water is moving pretty fast but i walked a ways down found a spot that where the bank curves and gives some relieve. Doe anyone have a certain way they fish that area? And also, Does anyone fish above the ****? I was looking today and it looks like some nice spots to fish there. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    The falls are fun to fish. If you do it right. I'd use a curly tail grub or some sort of a soft swim bait. Also try an in-line spinner. Good luck, drew

Post Thanks / Like
    I only fish at the falls when the water is 16ft or lower. however i have caught fish as high as 21ft but it's rough. I throw chartreuse twister tail grubs on 1/4oz lead heads. plenty of other colors work but that's my "go to" bait. Minnows work well also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't fish the falls in years but at one time I was a regular. it just depends on the water flow I liked fishing it when it was only one gate open partly it bottle necks the fish in a confined area. far as bait you can thro any bait out their and get a fish! lol.. some of the best fishing around when its rite. you will know when its rite their will be a crap load! of anglers! lol.. ive seen it elbow to elbow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. The water was really flowing fast. I didnt catch anything but i do know what i need to use now. I ran into a few guys and got some good info. In the next few days the river is forecast to drop five to ten feet. maybe next time.