Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the end of Lake Gunnersville

this link tells about TVA's 6 year project of killing the grass on the lake.

http://www.wired2fish.com/guntersvil...d-for-6-years/

Post Thanks / Like

I Doubt It

I like hydrilla like most bass anglers....and to some spraying will cause the demise of Guntersville "may" be inaccurate. The Harris Chain in central FL undergoes spraying on a regular basis. It too had a serious problem with hydrilla and would continue today if not for Lake County FL spraying the aquatic vegetation. But if you attend one of the many tournament weigh-ins that are held year round, it's not uncommon for 5 fish sacks to exceed 30 lbs. The fish will still be there but harder to locate. And somewhere there will always be new growth of this water weed.

Post Thanks / Like
    It shouldn't be a problem. They are looking at spraying between 3,000-5,000 acres. They are not just going in and wiping it all out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is not really story from what I understand. I had some concern when I noticed the headline but after reading it the story just looks to be about the funding for spraying. If you fish the lake every year like I do then you learn that many creeks with marinas and lots of houses on the lake get sprayed annually. The funding was local but now the TVA is going to pay for it thats the main part of the story. Assuming I am right and they wont spray any or at least very few new areas then its not really an impact of fishing.