Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rude boater in Ohio river marina

Post Thanks / Like
    What an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would have sacrificed a spool of lne around that prop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people really must have sad miserable lives to even be able act that way towards others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are the people that run the marina at times like this? Fellow like that could really be dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wack job.

Post Thanks / Like
    What an idiot. I may make it a point to fish there everyday for a week or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    If my father was fishing there and he did that to him, I'm almost 100% positive the boat would have holes in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
    If my father was fishing there and he did that to him, I'm almost 100% positive the boat would have holes in it.
    If you DO fish there, be respectful.

Play this out in the courts. I think this case and any video evidence generated from it could get some traction with finalizing property "rights" and fair use rights.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone explain the laws/rights with fishing in the marinas on the Ohio River. I see signs that fishing is not allowed. I also do not see how they can prevent recreation fishing from occurring since it is connected and accessed via public waters. I do not want to get a ticket but would love to fish these waters. I purposely do not enter any tournaments on the Ohio because I know that others fish the Marinas but I do not know where the laws stand. Any insight into this situation is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's probably has other issues going on in his head. It would be interesting to know how he treats his neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

Leased Area

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman_33 View Post
    Can someone explain the laws/rights with fishing in the marinas on the Ohio River. I see signs that fishing is not allowed. I also do not see how they can prevent recreation fishing from occurring since it is connected and accessed via public waters. I do not want to get a ticket but would love to fish these waters. I purposely do not enter any tournaments on the Ohio because I know that others fish the Marinas but I do not know where the laws stand. Any insight into this situation is greatly appreciated.
    I can't say in that situation but with most Corps Lakes many of the marina areas are leased for commercial purpose areas and the lease holder has certain rights to reduce or prevent interference in his venture within that area. Few seem to know or choose to ignore it and the signs but fishing is not allowed in most marina areas. However that is between the marina operator, Fish and Wildlife Service, lease grantor and the angler, no boater has the right to be harassing another angler as in the video, I would rape him in court. A note to tournament anglers is that fishing in most marina leased areas is a violation of posted restriction, which by most tournament rules is automatic disqualification.