Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Elmer Davis Lake

Hey Y'all I got my first ever tournament this weekend at Elmer Davis. I have never seen this lake but I am fishing with someone who has. With all this rain I know the water is going to look like chocolate milk but I am not sure of the topography. Is it mostly wooded banks or are their any rocks? The guy I am fishing hasn't been there in a long time. Also does anyone know what the water temp is? I know it will most likely warming up with the rain. Just looking for some general information on the lake itself to just give me a better idea of what I am going into. Any idea what the normal winning bag is? I have a feeling this lake is a lot like kincade lake but I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice little panfishing lake but don't expect a whole lot on the bass fishing. Yes theree are fish there and some good ones but it gets alot of pressure.

Wood and mud banks. just a big pond basically. The wife and I use to fish it but I haven't in several years. Small jigs in that turbid water should get you bit but good luck on the size..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! sounds just like Kincaid! Muddy, over pressured, and not many bites. Doesn't bother me I am just ready to get out on the water!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Thanks for the info! sounds just like Kincaid! Muddy, over pressured, and not many bites. Doesn't bother me I am just ready to get out on the water!
    Good luck...........Black and Blue Bitsy bug jig...use real pork instead of plastic and go slow...

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished a tourney there this past Sat in the pouring rain. 7 or 8 boats. Big fish was, I think 3.93. They had that one over and 3 unders for the win (4 fish limit tx). We had the only other over I believe. It was about 16" and around 2.75. We had one under and threw back two 13" slots. All ours were on crankbaits. Some over the other guys reported catching a few numbers. Water temp was 47 and green with about 1.5-2' visibility. A lot of that slimy snot type moss in that lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say it's similar to Kincaid. Kincaid has a much higher potential for a wallhanger while Elmer Davis is more of a numbers lake. I have seen a good number of 5+ fish from ED over the last few years but the chances of anything bigger than that go down pretty quickly. It will be a mudhole this weekend like everything else but if you stick with Z-hogs or jigs in dark colors and fish shoreline cover as slow as you can stand it, you should have some success. And don't forget the rattles.

Post Thanks / Like

RESUlTS

Well it was a rough day!!! 33 people and only 8 people weighed in! Big fish was 3lbs 5oz. and the winning bag was 3lbs 13oz. Water was nasty and it was COLD in the morning. They didn't want jigs of any size with or without rattles, cranks, spinners, or jerk baits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Well it was a rough day!!! 33 people and only 8 people weighed in! Big fish was 3lbs 5oz. and the winning bag was 3lbs 13oz. Water was nasty and it was COLD in the morning. They didn't want jigs of any size with or without rattles, cranks, spinners, or jerk baits.

What club do you fish with? Thanks, Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Good luck...........Black and Blue Bitsy bug jig...use real pork instead of plastic and go slow...
    Mark black/blue is my standby, but I've always gone to black/chartruese in off-colored water - you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fishing with H&H Bass club. They only thing that we got them to hit all day was a texas rig crawled on the bottom as slow as the wind would allow. Rough day but still a great day on the water.