Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville Bass fishing with my son

Thinking about trying to get away for a few days and wondered if any of my kentucky breathren had been down within this past week or this week. I'm willing to trade information and will keep it confidential if that's what you ask. The bottom line is I'd like to be able to take my son and put him on some fish.. Appreciate anyone who is willing to help out. Signed, Jfamily.

Post Thanks / Like
    was there all last week and I found them staging on the points sun-tues then after that they were moving in. We caught 3lbdrs friday that were the bucks moving in the females were still out - now this was on lower 1/3rd end of lake.

Chatterbaits - White and chartreuse with swimming fluke white as a trailer
    Slongs - Blue Glimmer spinnerbaits
    Zoom Magnum lizzards in watermelon w/chart tail on 3/8 protungsten sinkers
    also Electric blue 6" lizzards with same weight

alot of fish in the 5-6' range but you can find them shallower than that.

Make sure you post a report!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been in quite some time, but check out the following link as it is updated daily and most of it is info on Guntersville:

http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/reports/alabama/

Hope you have fun and be safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt that G is the best but be prepared to share the lake with a lot of other fisherman. There are multiple bass tourneys there on daily basis at this time of the year. A good alternative would be nearby Weiss Lake, especially if you like catching stripers and world class crappie. Bass fishing is a small step down from G but is still excellent. I'm from there and I keep up with the fishing through my friends. It's been taking 25 lb. bags to have even a chance at winning a tournament there lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad started fishing today at G. Huge front came through dropping water temps almost 4 degrees. They caught one 13 inch fish all day. He needs a good trip as an ilness has recently hit a close family member. Hope things change, but weather looks bad again tomorrow. Everyone he spoke with had terrible day today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try bridge at Goose pond and both bridges at spring creek. Grass has just started growing. My dad and I were there last week and things were really slow following the front. You can find some schools around bridges 3-5 lbs as well as some big bass. The largest we caught was 5lbs. Try jigs with contrast trailer and rat l trap in shad color. If grass has grown try lipless cranks in red, ripping through grass. Hope you have fun, it is a great lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    MY father and his buddy had great day today. It was slow until they hit the right hump at the right time. They had 8 total fish with 1 keeper until "the hump". The day was almost over and they took 6 keepers and 10 bass in 45 minutes. Best five were around 21lbs. Had a 5.10 in the bunch with 2 over four and 2 over three. Found grass growing on hump. Said he had an audience of 7 boats waiting to blast off for an evening tournament and a couple started applauding when the 5.10 was caught after seeing them catch the two four pounders also..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    My father and his partner had another good day at G. Had two that went way over 4 and had one they weighed at 7.5 lbs. Had well over 20lbs in best 5. Caught between 30-35 total. The big fish came from the hump they have been fishing while on the trip.