Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nolin 4/6

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin 4/6

Was able to fish Nolin Sunday with good results. My dad brought the boat down from Indiana and I drove up from WKU. Launched from Moutardier and fished from there to the dam. Tried out our new bow mount trolling motor which was a big change compared to the old one. Fishing started slow, but got better as the day went on. Talked to a few other guys that mentioned the water rose 12 feet from last weeks rain. Crazy!

Fished main lake shorelines focusing on rock banks and a few other small creeks along the way. Brier Creek was awful with almost zero visibility. Didnt stay there long. All fish were caught on a jig/craw trailer, jerkbait, shad rap, fluke, and a plastic worm. Managed to catch 25-30 bass in all with the biggest being 2.46 lbs. Had one that was bigger come off a few feet from the boat that I'm guessing would've been over 3. Until about the last two hours of the day we were only on about 10 bass, but got onto a school which is always fun. We were catching them on just about everything. Overall it was a great day and can't wait to get back out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished on Sat 4/5 it was chocolate milk color ...went way back in Dog Creek and found some decent water , we got 26 on tubes and White O cranks , yes u could actually watch the level rise Debbie Day said it would be 4 ft under summer pool on Monday and I believe it