Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Blood River 4/12 - 4/15

Going down this Saturday through Tuesday. Anyone going to be down there this weekend. Fishing reports are starting to sound pretty good. Hopefully we can get on them. Feel free to message me and maybe we can exchange tips while down there and figure em' out. Can't wait and super excited.

Post Thanks / Like

very muddy

the report I got from last weekend said it was very muddy in blood river. might be a good ideal to call some of the marina's around Paris.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were down there last weekend (3rd - 6th). I think you should be hitting them at the right time. We caught fish but not the big numbers. The weather really hurt us. It wasn't very muddy except around Irvine Cobb but one of the boats with us caught most of their fish in the stained water. We found some water that was hitting the 58-59 degree range and that's where we would start catching them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips guys. Only two work days left in the week. Come on Friday!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother had a guided crappie trip this past Monday and Tuesday. He's had a stroke but is pretty mobile considering and the guide that he's been using for years told him the weathers too nasty, the crappie are not hitting and gave my brother the choice of going or not. Of course my brother took the advise of his truthful guide and stayed in. My brother and his friends went around to several fish cleaning stations and no one was cleaning any fish. One client brought in by a guide had one crappie to clean. My brother and I have been fishing Blood river regularly since the 80's and are very tuned to the lake there. You are probably familiar with all the bays in Blood river and know where the warmest waters are. It looks like the core temp of the lake is finally making it's move and with any luck with the weather this weekend it'll get there. I just came off Dale Hollow Wednesday and the core temperature of the lake was 55-56 degrees. Of course back in the creeks and bays we found temps upward to 60 degrees. We caught a few real nice brown fish and several largemouths. We were fishing live shad and the bass we caught you could tell they were just coming up. We did catch a few real nice crappie when we were running from the wind and hoping the wind would die down so we could go back out towards the main lake. We stayed mainly in the Sulpher Creek area. I am heading down 4-21/22 to Ky lake to catch some crappie. Please give a report on the success you will hopefully have.

Post Thanks / Like
    So our trip was awesome. Between the 4 of us we had 117 crappie in 3 days fishing. This was easily our best trip. We caught fish everywhere honestly. We started off doing well in deeper water 8-12 feet. Monday evening we did find a shallow spot, about 4-6 ft and started slaying them. This was interrupted by the thunderstorm. Went back out and they had slowed back down. Not sure what they were holding on. Shallower water with no rock or structure, just mud. These guys were a little smaller, like 12 inches but we caught a bunch. Caught some big ones holding to structure more, like the stake beds but it was hard to fish them. Hope this helps anyone. Ive got a feeling this weekend is going to be awesome. Good luck. And we caught some nice bass right on the bank with shiners.