Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stick Marsh/Farm 13 FL Trip

3 weeks ago my wife and I headed to FL to visit some of her family. I figured I would try to catch some nice fish while I was in that part of the country and I had some pretty good results. Someone told me about a play about a place called Stick Marsh/Farm 13 which happened to be about 100 miles south of where I was staying. I was put in touch with a guide and the rest is history. This place is full of giant bass....plain and simple. I fished with live shiners the fist half of the day and artificial bait the last part. I had too many fish to count on both. Best 5 fish was well over 30lbs with the biggest approaching 9lbs. If you ever get the chance to fish this place I would recommend you take advantage of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	207 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	7694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1.jpeg 
Views:	202 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	7695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2.jpeg 
Views:	219 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	7696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_3.jpeg 
Views:	196 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	7697  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_4.jpeg 
Views:	219 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	7698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_5.jpeg 
Views:	204 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	7699  

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome! Sure is a fun place to get on fish. Any of those in the pics caught on artificial?

Post Thanks / Like
    SmlJaw and I fished it back at it's prime in 1992 and if you can believe it,, It was better than it is now..
    I have had 4 or 5 trips to the lake with and without a guide. It used to have a dirt ramp where you needed a 4 wheel drive to get in and out, and the road to the ramp was sand and dirt about 7 miles long and beat you to death getting there. It was worth the 2.5 hour drive one direction we made every morning for the week we were there. They have made some improvements it is better now.
    I envy you!! That is a great fishing trip when they are on! I can't tell you haw many we caught/hooked/ broke off/ landed that were betwen 6 and 10 lbs. My wife actually had one about 14lbs there while with Hugh Crumpler Guide Service. But that is a story for another day!
    Congratulations on a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    That's awesome! Sure is a fun place to get on fish. Any of those in the pics caught on artificial?
    Yes we had a good top water bite going and I caught couple of big ones 6+ on a frog. It was awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    SmlJaw and I fished it back at it's prime in 1992 and if you can believe it,, It was better than it is now..
    I have had 4 or 5 trips to the lake with and without a guide. It used to have a dirt ramp where you needed a 4 wheel drive to get in and out, and the road to the ramp was sand and dirt about 7 miles long and beat you to death getting there. It was worth the 2.5 hour drive one direction we made every morning for the week we were there. They have made some improvements it is better now.
    I envy you!! That is a great fishing trip when they are on! I can't tell you haw many we caught/hooked/ broke off/ landed that were betwen 6 and 10 lbs. My wife actually had one about 14lbs there while with Hugh Crumpler Guide Service. But that is a story for another day!
    Congratulations on a great trip!
    Hugh is the one that took me out. We had a great time. He started fishing when we were throwing top water and lost a giant on his first cast! The road is still dirt for 7 miles off the main drag but the lot and ramp is paved. It's for sure a unique place and I can't wait to go back!