Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tourney rules question

I am going to Barren River for the first time ever. We are trying to decide if we want to join an open tournament down there or just fish for fun. I know the tournament is going to be all local guys so the odds of winning are practically zero but it might make it more fun to be fishing for something. I am new to tournament fishing and the rules state each boat can keep 3 fish, one string, and big fish. what exactly does that mean? Probably a really dumb question but like I said I'm new

Post Thanks / Like

Barren

Barren is a great lake with a lot of 4+ pound fish. But if you have never been on the lake, i would fish for fun and watch the locals. it nornmally takes a 20 pounds to get in the money. if you are interested in fishing some bass tournaments check out USAbassin there are several held in the local area (several on the Ohio river,Ky river Gratz, Guist creek lake and taylorsville lake. This is a good place to start fishing tournaments,in my opinion...if you have any questions send me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think u mean slot 12-15 in. Fish

Post Thanks / Like

results

check out the results on any tournament there, its almost always 15 pounds or MORE, which = 5 fish over slot??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    I am new to tournament fishing and the rules state each boat can keep 3 fish, one string, and big fish. what exactly does that mean? Probably a really dumb question but like I said I'm new
    I would interpret that as the tournament has a max limit of 3 fish and there is also a separate fish fish pot. Always defer any tournament rule questions to the person in charge of running the tournament. If the wording is not 100% crystal clear never assume you and the person enforcing the rules interpret it the same way.

You have a legitimate question your just asking at the wrong place. I would ask the person in charge of the tournament.

Post Thanks / Like
    We asked the guy in charge and he said that it means your are allow 5 fish total. That's 3 over the 15in slot, 1 fish between 12-15in, and then your big fish. That is for the boat not per fisherman. We talked about it and we are going to go ahead and fish for fun then hang out for the weigh in. We are both in a bass club so after this year we will have a little more experience in tournament fishing so we may do it then but for now I would rather just enjoy the day than to have the added stress.