Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Guist Creek help

Nephew's birthday he wants to fish Guist,I've never been there I figure we could beat the banks an catch buck bass which ones are best? Any help greatly appreciated.just lookin for a fun afternoon Thanks to all

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody know of another central Ky lake that might be better for my novice nephew, I've always heard Guist can be tough.... We're lookin for fun afternoon. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro-7 View Post
    Anybody know of another central Ky lake that might be better for my novice nephew, I've always heard Guist can be tough.... We're lookin for fun afternoon. Thanks again
    Lake linville in moubt vernon ky or redlick lack in jackson county ive pulled 60 bass out in 2 hours rhere and all were good sized white superflukes

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished Guist yesterday in a small tourney. It was very tough to say the least. No limits and I only caught 2 fish in 6 hours. I would hit either Stoner Creek or Elkhorn creek if you are looking for numbers and not deadset on a lake. Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slackdaddy View Post
    I fished Guist yesterday in a small tourney. It was very tough to say the least. No limits and I only caught 2 fish in 6 hours. I would hit either Stoner Creek or Elkhorn creek if you are looking for numbers and not deadset on a lake. Steve
    I been fishing stoner every weekend and thursday i havent seen the first bass anywere and i been wadeing the creek now ellhorn is a good idea and icaught a few 6 lbers out of there and this is definatly the time of year to do that i agree with ya he should try elkhorn also the crappie should be on this week in ole elk

Post Thanks / Like
    Nephew's birthday he wants to fish Guist,I've never been there I figure we could beat the banks an catch buck bass which ones are best? Any help greatly appreciated.just lookin for a fun afternoon Thanks to all
    Thanks not set on lake so guess we might travel to different lake,I don't mind going some place an grind out fish but that's not what this trip is for...so thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunterchris View Post
    I been fishing stoner every weekend and thursday i havent seen the first bass anywere and i been wadeing the creek now ellhorn is a good idea and icaught a few 6 lbers out of there and this is definatly the time of year to do that i agree with ya he should try elkhorn also the crappie should be on this week in ole elk
    A few 6lbers?! I assume you mean LM from the North Fork?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    A few 6lbers?! I assume you mean LM from the North Fork?
    Ive caught 6 lbers below the dam in georgetown just have to know when to go and when to use artificial vs live when that creek is flooded or very dingy and high water a texas rigged night crawler is go to for big bass or if u have nabbed up a few soft craws befor the flood and froze em whole they will merc it ive also landed carp that would blow yer mind in there when its like that elkhorns my home creek the stretch from northern scott county all the way a mile past robinson dam its full of monsters

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunterchris View Post
    Ive caught 6 lbers below the dam in georgetown just have to know when to go and when to use artificial vs live when that creek is flooded or very dingy and high water a texas rigged night crawler is go to for big bass or if u have nabbed up a few soft craws befor the flood and froze em whole they will merc it ive also landed carp that would blow yer mind in there when its like that elkhorns my home creek the stretch from northern scott county all the way a mile past robinson dam its full of monsters
    Holy moly, that's amazing, I've been fishing Elkhorn all my life and I've never seen a fish (either LM or SM) over five pounds. Wow. And you've caught multiple?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Holy moly, that's amazing, I've been fishing Elkhorn all my life and I've never seen a fish (either LM or SM) over five pounds. Wow. And you've caught multiple?
    I know of three people who just recently have caught two SM over 19" and one over 20" out of Elkhorn and neither of them were really even close to the 5lb mark and they were some of the fattest I've ever seen come out of the creek. It's hard to get a heavy fish out of the creek. Largemouth out of the northfork however, could be a different story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    LMAO...I need to start using his scales......smh

Post Thanks / Like
    we ended up on C-land,once sun warmed water we had a blast caught smallies 15-17 1/2" off some rock slides and keeper Ky's out of the bushes all an all good day thanks to all for the info