Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Night time striper?

Anybody hear of any stripers at night on C-land yet? Thinking about driving down this afternoon, although 3 hours is a long way for no bites! Haha, thanks for any help and advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard any reports of the night bite turning on yet. A guy I talked to yesterday said he saw stripers jumping while he was taking his grand kids out crappie fishing. I would assume the bite is on.

Going through my notes I found the temp range of 60 to 75 degrees is when the night bite is good. Back in 2007 the water temp was in the 60s early April and people were reporting some hits between 10pm and midnight. The water temp of Cumberland is in the 60s now.

Post Thanks / Like

Had 2 on Saturday Night

& lost both of them in the head of creek on white & chartreuse bucktail with a chartreuse grub. Both were good solid hard pulling fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    If theres dock lights fish those with cranks and ya should nab a couple was just talking to a buddy of mine about doing just that at herrington for the hybrids

Post Thanks / Like

dock lights

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunterchris View Post
    If theres dock lights fish those with cranks and ya should nab a couple was just talking to a buddy of mine about doing just that at herrington for the hybrids

OR....you could be considerate and respect other peoples property and stay out of their lights......you will avoid a lot of drama (or worse) by doing so.....just sayin

Post Thanks / Like
    So how is fishing under a dock light any form of disrespect or tresspassing that seems rediculouse to say oh some one owns thatvpatch of lit up water

Post Thanks / Like
    We cast to the light we dont pull up on there docks we never touch the docks we always just sat about 30 ft away and casted and trolled that in no way seems disrespectful or wrong thats like me building a dock on a patch of public water and saying u cant fish this dock im sorry but as long as ur not setting foot on there property or tied off to it your not hurting anything and there is plennnnty of fish i dont think fishing a spot is that has a more of an advantage is wrong

Post Thanks / Like

then build your own dock

yes its public water, you are correct. BUT...the slip is leased and paid for the the slip renter, he/she paid for that particular spot on the water. it has absolutely nothing to do with "plenty o fish to go round", you are so far off the concept here. the lights at the docks on cumberland are NOT "dock lights", they are slip customer lights, the docks do not put out lights for people to come in and fish. the lights are to attract bait, this bait is often caught and used by professional guides, and fishermen that are serious enough about their hobby that they felt compelled to spend A LOT of money to long-term lease a slip so they could have consistent access to live shad.
    so lets call these nite lights" tools of the trade, bought and paid for, owned outright tools.

so if we consider that these lights are tools , would it be any more/less respectful to drive up to a construction site and walk up to the saw horse and pick up the carpenters skill saw and "borrow" it? i would think you would be met with some resistance....????
    these guides use these lights as tools to make a living. when you troll in, cast, fight fish, release fish over and over you scare the bejeebers out of everything under the ligh, in turn when the guide shows up he cant catch bait , and now he has no skillsaw to make a living that day. it has absolutely NOTHING to do with touching the dock, getting out on the dock or anything else concerning the dock.

you are ill-informed thinking you are being respectful or you arent bothering anything, you are bothering plenty.

and by the way all i was trying to do was drop a hint that its not "ok" to fish under other peoples lights. but by all means, find out for yourself. i told you in a much more kindhearted manner than you will be told by the slip owner,LMAO.

Post Thanks / Like
    What Stripernut said! If we are talking slip lights, you need to consider leaving them alone. As he said, we pay a lot of money for that spot and even casting\catching fish in them can disrupt the bait for hours when things are tough. If we are talking overhead lights the marina's put out, then go for it.

Look at it this way... I'll concede that the water is public. But slip owners pay for the area all the way down to the water and you can't cast into that water without putting the bait in an area slip owners pay for.

I'll almost always purposely block my slip with my boat so the area can be uninterrupted.

Post Thanks / Like
    What stripernut said! Have had that discussion with people that throw nets for bait on your lights then the bait is scattered when you get there. Stripernut said it very nicely. Have had people take bait out of my bait tank because they felt the bait was in the water and it was public water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never threw nets near bait fish i simply retrieved a crankbait near the light i dont steal bait im a fisherman i go were the fish are and if i see a bait ball a crank bait isnt going to ruin it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hence, why I put a boat across my slip. SMH.